Check Out the Wisc. Highlight Video

Stl Bills

Check out this video and watch LG #74 John Moffit, this guy is just blowing people up.... If he's around in like Rd 3-4 I'd love to see us pick him. I have a feeling by draft time though somebody is going to snatch him up in Rd 2. I also wouldn't mind some John Clay....that guys a beast.

#74 seems to be in control on every play. The draft buzz might push Moffitt up a bit. I will never question the Bills drafting a lineman like that. And if Blount and Ivory showed me anything....please don't spend any more draft picks on RBs.

RBs are worth nothign its all about the OL. Someone please tell Ralph, Buddy, and Chan.

I would love to get that left side in the draft. Their Ceneter is great too but not coming out he is too young. Another great RT/G prospect is Carpenter from Bama. There arent any highlights on Youtube but Bama can run the football and he is their best OLman.

Please use a 3-4 on a G who can come in a be a beast in teh run game.

Edited by Thoner7

Check out this video and watch LG #74 John Moffit, this guy is just blowing people up.... If he's around in like Rd 3-4 I'd love to see us pick him. I have a feeling by draft time though somebody is going to snatch him up in Rd 2. I also wouldn't mind some John Clay....that guys a beast.

Great stuff, Man that whole o-line look NFL ready. But the RBS are monsters as well.. I have to say your avatar pic is rough lol :sick:

Moffit is the real stud he makes Carimi look better. Moffit is like a D-line eraser. When I was focusing on Carimi in the bowl game, Moffit kept stealing my spotlight.

An interior of Levitre, Wood and Moffit wood by world class for the next decade. If Bell can continue to improve the O-line is good. If you sign a decent RT in FA we'd be way above average at O-line.

If somehow Moffit is there in th 4th its a steal. If Dontay Moch is gone in the 3rd, I want Moffit with 3.04. :thumbsup:

Edited by Why So Serious?

Count me as one who wouldn't mind drafting the entire Wisconsin line B-)

NFL Draft Scout - John Moffitt

Right now Moffitt is projected as a late 3rd/early 4th round pick - we've got 2 picks in round 4, and a lot of positional needs. We all know about Gabe Carimi - I hope we can somehow get Carimi, either with our 2nd round pick or by trading back into the first round (after we pick Mallett #3 overall), before the Cheatriettes* draft him. I also love Wisconsin TE Lance Kendricks, but I think we've got 5 TEs on our roster right now - and obviously we have other needs.

It'll be an interesting off-season - scouting combine begins Fed 23, free agency in March, and draft April 28.

Edited by The Senator

Count me as one who wouldn't mind drafting the entire Wisconsin line B-)

NFL Draft Scout - John Moffitt

Right now Moffitt is projected as a late 3rd/early 4th round pick - we've got 2 picks in round 4, and a lot of positional needs. We all know about Gabe Carimi - I hope we can somehow get Carimi, either with our 2nd round pick or by trading back into the first round (after we pick Mallett #3 overall), before the Cheatriettes* draft him. I also love Wisconsin TE Lance Kendricks, but I think we've got 5 TEs on our roster right now - and obviously we have other needs.

It'll be an interesting off-season - scouting combine begins Fed 23, free agency in March, and draft April 28.

I'm wondering how the lack of a new CBA will play in this year's FA period.

Remember last year - because the owner's unilaterally terminated the agreement at the end of the 2010 season - a clause went into affect that effected over a hundred players. The previous rules regarding FA status were changed. I believe a player with four years of NFL longevity could declare their FA status. Teams were free to use the tags, but the deal was - serve 4 years and shop your services if your original team wouldn't pay you what you felt you deserved - or could get elsewhere. Last year, players needed six years of service IIRC, to attain FA status. That kept a lot of players off the free market.

I've heard a lot of talk (SIRIUS NFL) regarding how owners are handling the uncertainty of this off season and their dealings with coaching staffs. Owners are less willing to put out a lot of money for staffs that might not be coaching at all next year. I believe that's impacted coaching decisions in Miami, Cincinnati and Jacksonville. In a "normal" year, those HCs would be gone. Cleveland and Oakland and probably Denver are taking less aggressive postures in filling their vacancies than one would expect. Hell, Miami and Denver were making fools of themselves over Harbaugh, till they found out what it would take to sign him. The 9ers are accustomed to overpaying for talent and have a penchant for making splashes in the sports media. The Vikes and Cowpeople filled their holes from within. Carolina might - might make a play for a big name - but they're cheap and with Luck out of the Draft - which premier-coach-in-waiting-on-the-sidelines wants to come into that situation with The Pickle as their starting QB? Not Gruden, not Cowher.

So, based on owners being cautious in uncertain times, I'm not expecting a lot of FA signings across the League this off season - unless a new CBA gets hammered out fairly quickly and frankly I don't see that happening. Why pay millions in signing bonuses if there's going to be a work stoppage and even potentially no season at all?

Nanker where have you been, buddy ?

There will be no FA signings until there is a CBA. Zero.

If the NFL owners go around the NFLPA and sign scab players then the NFL could lose their Rights to antitrust exemptions and that had huge legal ramifications.

There is no FA or player trades at all this year until there is a CBA.

"Until there is a new collective bargaining agreement -- which almost no one is expecting for months -- there will be no free agency. Teams will not be allowed to shop for new players, players will not be allowed to sign with new teams and any player movement will be shut down

Until there is a new agreement, there will be no trades. Washington cannot trade Donovan McNabb or Albert Haynesworth; Denver cannot trade Kyle Orton; no trades of existing contracts will be permitted until a new agreement is signed -- whenever that is."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=schefter_adam&page=10spot/10wildcard

Edited by Why So Serious?

I've heard a lot of talk (SIRIUS NFL) regarding how owners are handling the uncertainty of this off season and their dealings with coaching staffs. Owners are less willing to put out a lot of money for staffs that might not be coaching at all next year. I believe that's impacted coaching decisions in Miami, Cincinnati and Jacksonville. In a "normal" year, those HCs would be gone. Cleveland and Oakland and probably Denver are taking less aggressive postures in filling their vacancies than one would expect.

Thanks, Nanker - that certainly explains why the Raiders are holding off on hiring...

Mike Leach

Moffit is the real stud he makes Carimi look better. Moffit is like a D-line eraser. When I was focusing on Carimi in the bowl game, Moffit kept stealing my spotlight.

An interior of Levitre, Wood and Moffit wood by world class for the next decade. If Bell can continue to improve the O-line is good. If you sign a decent RT in FA we'd be way above average at O-line.

If somehow Moffit is there in th 4th its a steal. If Dontay Moch is gone in the 3rd, I want Moffit with 3.04. :thumbsup:

Something tells me they might both go somewhere in the mid to late second. I bet Moffit is a fast riser in the months to come.

Nanker where have you been, buddy ?

There will be no FA signings until there is a CBA. Zero.

If the NFL owners go around the NFLPA and sign scab players then the NFL could lose their Rights to antitrust exemptions and that had huge legal ramifications.

There is no FA or player trades at all this year until there is a CBA.

"Until there is a new collective bargaining agreement -- which almost no one is expecting for months -- there will be no free agency. Teams will not be allowed to shop for new players, players will not be allowed to sign with new teams and any player movement will be shut down

Until there is a new agreement, there will be no trades. Washington cannot trade Donovan McNabb or Albert Haynesworth; Denver cannot trade Kyle Orton; no trades of existing contracts will be permitted until a new agreement is signed -- whenever that is."

http://sports.espn.g...spot/10wildcard

Well, I sorta thought so. I understood that The Draft was the last official act of the current CBA. So all the posts about wants and needs in FA are essentially for naught - more than usual.

If no deal gets done till late summer or early fall it's going to be a disaster.

I'll stand by what I said though regarding the uncertainty caused by this lack of a CBA will have a profoundly negative impact on player movement this year - even after they reach an agreement.

The League had a lot of pizzed-off players this last off-season because they couldn't cash in on FA. Look for that to continue.

If it gets to where games are going to be cancelled owners aren't going to be paying top dollar signing bonuses for part time players.

Well, I sorta thought so. I understood that The Draft was the last official act of the current CBA. So all the posts about wants and needs in FA are essentially for naught - more than usual.

If no deal gets done till late summer or early fall it's going to be a disaster.

I'll stand by what I said though regarding the uncertainty caused by this lack of a CBA will have a profoundly negative impact on player movement this year - even after they reach an agreement.

The League had a lot of pizzed-off players this last off-season because they couldn't cash in on FA. Look for that to continue.

If it gets to where games are going to be cancelled owners aren't going to be paying top dollar signing bonuses for part time players.

Don't want to change this thread from discussing Moffitt and the Wisconson O-line, but the following web article sort of supports your thoughts on free agency, the CBA, and player movement...

Both sides are at an impass of sorts failing to see eye-to-eye on such major issues as revenue sharing, an 18-game season and a change in the rookie wage contract scale. It all truly boils down to the money, owners want more and players are not willing to take less.

A new CBA affects more than just the issues above including how and when the NFL’s current unrestricted free agents can be re-signed to new contracts. The issue is that no one knows if there will still be a salary cap and if so what the cap will be in 2011. While teams still technically can sign players they are not necessarily anxious to do so because of the uncertainty of the cap, and conversely players are not willing to resign knowing there is a chance thet may be able to get larger contracts.

(Link - Roger Goodell’s Email Regarding CBA; No NFL In 2011 Possible?)

With the amount of money involved for the players, the owners, the TV networks, etc., I just can't imagine there won't be a resolution to the CBA, or that there'll be no 2011 NFL season. If necessary, I'd bet that the US Congress and Barry Obama would step in to make sure that doesn't happen!