Losman

YOOOOOO

Agreed. That NE game, from what I have read, cannot be counted. He was #3 QB and apparently MM had Matthews warm up, and Losman was just standing there and MM said "you're in". That is way too much to ask of an NFL rookie, on national TV, on the road, against the super bowl champs, in a blow out, after he has broken his leg and thrown into his first NFL game.

157842[/snapback]

I agree with those who theorize that this move was intentional by yo schoold JP that a player must be ready to play and contribute anytime he has the uniform. The thought is simply unsubstantiated theory on my part, but the equally unsubstantiated theory that MM put Losman in based on some spur of the moment thought seems even more unlikely to me than MM having a reason for this move.

Guessing the reason why he might think teaching JP a bit by throwing him in would be even further unsubstantiated from my point of view. It is to be hoped that it was not because JP was not taking the game seriously enough in terms of doing the learning he could do even with the injury. However, JP said himself after the game that he is now taking things more seriously and it shows with his play in his last two mop-up appearances.