Losman

YOOOOOO

Hopefully he'll learn when to protect himself with more expirience. After that last QB from Cali, maybe he's just trying to show the Buffalo fans he has what it takes, and I can't blame him, cause I like it.

157530[/snapback]

I thought the same thing. I'll bet he's still embarassed by that awful debut of his. He was playing like he had something to prove, and I liked seeing it.

Hopefully he'll learn when to protect himself with more expirience. After that last QB from Cali, maybe he's just trying to show the Buffalo fans he has what it takes, and I can't blame him, cause I like it.

157530[/snapback]

He looked solid in the short time he was out there. I liked him putting his head down to get the first but when he's the starter I don't think I'll like that anymore. I'm excited about the QB position for the future.

Anyone else get scared when he dove head first and took on the Browns safety(Griffith) to get a couple extra yards after he had already picked up the first....

157523[/snapback]

He actually took on Earl Little also on that play and knocked him out of the game with an injury. Nice job JP, but PLEASE slide feet first next time.

Losman continues to show that he doesn't know how to slide. If he doesn't get slapped hard by a coach and shown how to do it, he won't have a long career. One of these days he'll put his head down into someone 150 pounds heavier and he'll come out of the pile with fused vertebrae. The kid needs to wise up about it. We'll need him, y'know?

He looked a deer in the headlights when he took off. That better get better.

I don't know B, I thought he had checked all the way down to his 3rd option before he bailed at just the right time.

I got the sense he was in complete control for the entire 7:00+ drive, showing excellent ball-handling fundamentals, moving and throwing with confidence and making no mental mistakes.

The only misplay he had was throwing a little behind JasonP, which actually did piss me off because I wanted to see what that last DB behind Peters was going to do when he realized what was coming at him <_<

He looked a deer in the headlights when he took off. That better get better.

157602[/snapback]

I also thought that he looked pretty in control rather simply frightened or panicked during his appearance. The fact that he put his head down and took a hit for a couple of meningless yards after he had done the right thing in picking up the 1st down was his major mistake of the day.

Its unfortunate that he still hasn't seemed to learn his lesson or views himself as having something to prove with displays of this type, but it is one of the lessons which he will need to show he has mastered before he has proved himself ready to start a game.

Being tough is a great attitude to show, but being stupid in showing he is tough for a couple iof meaningless yards after he got the 1st down is just poor QB work. I think he will develop this over time, but this along with his lack of command of the game as shown by a delay of game the last time he appeared and some lousy ball handling when he was thrown into the NE games are simply evidence to me that he needs a bit more practice snaps and work at mop-up time before an extended game appearance is likely to do him more good than harm to his development.

I don't know B, I thought he had checked all the way down to his 3rd option before he bailed at just the right time.

I got the sense he was in complete control for the entire 7:00+ drive, showing excellent ball-handling fundamentals, moving and throwing with confidence and making no mental mistakes.

The only misplay he had was throwing a little behind JasonP, which actually did piss me off because I wanted to see what that last DB behind Peters was going to do when he realized what was coming at him <_<

157606[/snapback]

I agree. This cost the Bills the SuperBowl win this year. Should have thrown him in week five.

Anyone else get scared when he dove head first and took on the Browns safety(Griffith) to get a couple extra yards after he had already picked up the first....

157523[/snapback]

no, I was hoping he'd get hurt, maybe he'd learn not to scramble so much after breakign his leg and head both in the same year.

157606[/snapback]

Something i noticed in training camp, and not often discussed in relation to QBs, is that Losman has VERY good quarterbacking skills that have nothing to do with passing or running. He's very good handing off and faking and running the play and rolling out and just carrying out the play and all that stuff that are just fundamentals but not all quarterbacks, including some great ones, can do. Marino comes to mind, who never in his career learned how to hand off or fake.

Something i noticed in training camp, and not often discussed in relation to QBs, is that Losman has VERY good quarterbacking skills that have nothing to do with passing or running. He's very good handing off and faking and running the play and rolling out and just carrying out the play and all that stuff that are just fundamentals but not all quarterbacks, including some great ones, can do. Marino comes to mind, who never in his career learned how to hand off or fake.

157818[/snapback]

He did seem to move pretty well in the backfield, but that putting his head down thing, man, that's gonna hurt real bad someday. Glad it was a DB and not a LB.

Anyone notice the Brown's QB play fake to the no one late in the game (RB on that side was already gone)? Man, that kid was shellshocked.

He's very good handing off and faking and running the play and rolling out and just carrying out the play and all that stuff that are just fundamentals

Yeah, he hides the ball on the PA really well, sells out hard to the fakeside when he bootlegs and shows great agility on the draw by facing the LOS for his entire drop before turning and jamming it into the back's gut.

As far as I'm concerned the debacle at the end of the NE game never happened and I'll measure his progress and potential without taking it into consideration.

Cya

Yeah, he hides the ball on the PA really well, sells out hard to the fakeside when he bootlegs and shows great agility on the draw by facing the LOS for his entire drop before turning and jamming it into the back's gut.

As far as I'm concerned the debacle at the end of the NE game never happened and I'll measure his progress and potential without taking it into consideration.

Cya

157840[/snapback]

Agreed. That NE game, from what I have read, cannot be counted. He was #3 QB and apparently MM had Matthews warm up, and Losman was just standing there and MM said "you're in". That is way too much to ask of an NFL rookie, on national TV, on the road, against the super bowl champs, in a blow out, after he has broken his leg and thrown into his first NFL game.

157818[/snapback]

Often overlooked....

Its very important for your QB to possess these skills....helps the running game, misdirection, roll outs and just confusing the defense....I watch it every week with Pennington...He does it very well....

Very Farve like....

Although Losman hasnt been out there enough...I've noticed that this part of his game is very good....

Big plus for us..