Sunday Wild Card Pick 'em

/dev/null

Sunday Wild Card Pick 'em  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Ravens @ Chiefs

2. 2. Packers @ Eagles

Ravens defense is too good. KC runs the ball well, but they're going to have to rely on Cassel to throw the ball. With Derrick Bowe having some illness, I don't know if he'll be 100% enough to help...Ravens 24, Chiefs 17

I really like the Pack-Eagles matchup (smart move putting that as the late Sunday game). Now that Aaron Rodgers is back, the Packers are rolling and could make a run, if their defense holds up their end of the bargain. The Eagles are limping and Michael Vick isn't 100%, but something tells me that's the perfect reason to pick the Eagles...Eagles 23, Packers 20

Ravens defense is too good. KC runs the ball well, but they're going to have to rely on Cassel to throw the ball. With Derrick Bowe having some illness, I don't know if he'll be 100% enough to help...Ravens 24, Chiefs 17

I really like the Pack-Eagles matchup (smart move putting that as the late Sunday game). Now that Aaron Rodgers is back, the Packers are rolling and could make a run, if their defense holds up their end of the bargain. The Eagles are limping and Michael Vick isn't 100%, but something tells me that's the perfect reason to pick the Eagles...Eagles 23, Packers 20

Who's the purdy girl? :wub:

As illogical as it is, I picked both road teams. Vick has had the stuffing knocked out of him & he could have really used a week off. Matthews and Woodson are going to make his day miserable (IMO).

Who's the purdy girl? :wub:

Anne Hathaway.

:wub: :wub: :wub:

I've been trying to post more often just to look at my avatar.

As illogical as it is, I picked both road teams. Vick has had the stuffing knocked out of him & he could have really used a week off. Matthews and Woodson are going to make his day miserable (IMO).

I came pretty close to picking the Pack. I actually did so in another pool, which tells you I really can't make up my mind on this one. I think this should be a hell of a game and I'd much rather see this as a divisional or NFC champ game (you get what you get, I suppose). Your reasons are legit and I would have picked GB, but I've been burned a few times in the past when I pick a game where a team's injuries & losing streak lead me to pick their opponent.

Edited by BuffaloWings

Anne Hathaway.

:wub: :wub: :wub:

I've been trying to post more often just to look at my avatar.

I came pretty close to picking the Pack. I actually did so in another pool, which tells you I really can't make up my mind on this one. I think this should be a hell of a game and I'd much rather see this as a divisional or NFC champ game (you get what you get, I suppose). Your reasons are legit and I would have picked GB, but I've been burned a few times in the past when I pick a game where a team's injuries & losing streak lead me to pick their opponent.

I like 3 out of 4 road teams this week, only picking the Jets to win at home. Hard to pick against Manning, but the Colts records in the wildcard games, during Mannings time has been pretty abysmal (1-5). This Colts team doesn't look very strong, and as much as I am starting to hate them, the Jets have risen to the occaision numerous times this season. They aren't going to the Super Bowl, but I can't see them losing at home, in the wildcard.

I just don't think the Seahawks, even with their big homefield edge, will be able to contain the Saints offense, unless there is some realy crazy weather to serve as an equalizer...

The Eagles are starting to show some vulnerability the past few weeks against a good pass rush, which the Packers have. This one is going to be high-scoring, lots of big plays (Vicks finest moments, despite his improvements, still come when he is dodging the pass rush), but I think the Pack will outlast the Eagles.

I want the Chiefs to win, but after seeing what the Raiders did to them last week (or moreover, what they did to Cassel), I think the Ravens are going to demolish them. The clock will strike midnight for the Cheifs, and end a great, "surprise" season for them.

And that is you Buftex NFL minute! :thumbsup:

Edited by Buftex

I like 3 out of 4 road teams this week, only picking the Jets to win at home. Hard to pick against Manning, but the Colts records in the wildcard games, during Mannings time has been pretty abysmal (1-5). This Colts team doesn't look very strong, and as much as I am starting to hate them, the Jets have risen to the occaision numerous times this season. They aren't going to the Super Bowl, but I can't see them losing at home, in the wildcard.

Jets are at Indy, so you are road all the way. Matter of fact...so am I.

Not sure where you got that record, but I counted the Colts' record as 2-3 in the wildcard games during Manning's era. They have disappointed a few times in the divisional round at home (3 losses that I can think of), however.

In fact, if you swapped the words 'Jets' and 'Colts' in the above paragraph (especially since the game is in Indy), I'd tend to believe you more. The Colts have risen a few times when they saw adversity. Not that the Jets didn't - they won a few games in the last minute or OT - but I don't think the Jets are as good as Rex Ryan says they are.

Jets are at Indy, so you are road all the way. Matter of fact...so am I.

My mistake...I still like the Jets, however...so yeah, all the road teams win this weekend...now that I say it out loud, it doesn't sound likely, but I will stick with it. :rolleyes:

Not sure where you got that record, but I counted the Colts' record as 2-3 in the wildcard games during Manning's era. They have disappointed a few times in the divisional round at home (3 losses that I can think of), however.

In fact, if you swapped the words 'Jets' and 'Colts' in the above paragraph (especially since the game is in Indy), I'd tend to believe you more. The Colts have risen a few times when they saw adversity. Not that the Jets didn't - they won a few games in the last minute or OT - but I don't think the Jets are as good as Rex Ryan says they are.

You got me...I thought I had heard that stat (1-5 wildcard) earlier this week on the radio, and after posting, I realized it was wrong...it was too late to edit...stupid me...despite everything I said beig wrong, I still like the Jets in this one! :oops:

Literally everyone is seriously sleeping on the KC Chiefs at home. Take the Chiefs plus three this weekend and you're a winner

I agree. I think the Chiefs can win that game and no one is giving them a chance. Baltimore has not been great year.

I keep flipping on GB-Philly. Loved Philly a month ago for a deep playoff run but I think the Pack may just upset them.