Ditching cable and going with OTA was the best decision I made last ye

boyst

Last year I decided that I do not need cable. I enjoyed several programs on cable but I found that I do not need to spend money on basic cable. I got the coupons a few years ago and the equipment, as well. I had it installed in my shed but no longer needed it after running having coax run from my parents new house. Last summer I was receiving 17 stations, all the majors. Now, I have 29 stations and they're incredible. I found the best spot for the antenna and pick up channels from Charlotte now. Two channels play nothing but movies, 4 play nothing but music videos, and a few others play nothing but classics, such as All In The Family, Married With Children, and 3 Stooges.

Anyone wanting to save some money that isn't glued in front of the TV should consider it. Living alone and having access to the internet (pirated wifi) I am just as comfortable as I was with cable. I have found myself watching PBS / educational programming a lot more and can turn on the TV at any time of day or night and find something to watch.

Am I alone on here? The only one who relies strictly on OTA programming?

Last year I decided that I do not need cable. I enjoyed several programs on cable but I found that I do not need to spend money on basic cable. I got the coupons a few years ago and the equipment, as well. I had it installed in my shed but no longer needed it after running having coax run from my parents new house. Last summer I was receiving 17 stations, all the majors. Now, I have 29 stations and they're incredible. I found the best spot for the antenna and pick up channels from Charlotte now. Two channels play nothing but movies, 4 play nothing but music videos, and a few others play nothing but classics, such as All In The Family, Married With Children, and 3 Stooges.

Anyone wanting to save some money that isn't glued in front of the TV should consider it. Living alone and having access to the internet (pirated wifi) I am just as comfortable as I was with cable. I have found myself watching PBS / educational programming a lot more and can turn on the TV at any time of day or night and find something to watch.

Am I alone on here? The only one who relies strictly on OTA programming?

Did I miss something here?

Did I miss something here?

I am not sure?

We have a large farm, my parents live on part of it in my gramps old house. We ran coax from their house to the shed because we could and were going to run internet there, as well. My parents pay for their cable and I used that to run to the shed.

I live across the street from the farm and just use wifi to stream video from websites when needed. I do not have cable tv in my house and seldom have the chance to watch it on the farm.