Positional Need Just Got Huge

Astrobot

With Luck out of the race, Carolina and Denver's positional needs play an increasingly important role in second-guessing what they will do. I'm looking at both teams who pick ahead of us, and here are their needs, along with players that might meet them:

1. Carolina

---------P1: Quarterback. (Cam Newton, still #29 on our Board; awaiting The Game)

---------P2: Wide Receiver.(AJ Green #9 on our Board)

---------P2: DT 4-3 type (Fairley is now #1 on our Big Board, both as a DT43 and a DE34)

---------P2: DE 4-3 type (Dareus is Top DE43 on our Big Board; Bowers is #2 as a DE43 but #17 as a DE34; Fairley is not a DE43)

---------P3: CB (Prince Amukamara is #1 CB, Patrick Peterson is #2 CB but #1 FS--)

PREDICTION: FAIRLEY. Wild Card: AJ Green or Cam Newton.

2. Denver

---------P1: None

---------P2: None

---------P3: DT 3-4 type (There is No DT34 we've ranked as RD1 material; Steven Paea is first on Big Board at #41)

---------P3: SILB (Akeem Ayers is #9 on our Big Board)

---------P3: TE (Kyle Rudolph is #16 on our big Board)

---------P4: DE34 (Dareus is #3, J.J. Watt is #15 but rising), WILB (Greg Jones is #25 but falling), Safety (Peterson at #5), CB (Amukamara at #3)

PREDICTION: DAREUS. Wild Card: Amukamara, Peterson or JJ Watt.

3. Buffalo

---------P1: None (You can only designate one P1, and our needs are multiple)

---------P2: DT34 (There is No DT34 we've ranked as RD1 material; Steven Paea is first on Big Board at #41)

---------P2: DE34 (Bowers, currently at #17 but rising)

---------P2: OLB34 (Quinn at #8)

---------P2: OT (Sherrod is #10 as a LT but below #26 DeMarcus Love as a RT)

---------P3: TE (Kyle Rudolph is #16 on our big Board)

---------P3: ILB (Akeem Ayers is #9 on our Big Board)

PREDICTION: QUINN. Wild Card: AJ Green, Cam Newton, Bowers, or Love. Don't shoot the messnger.

Astro

If Rudolph slipped to us in rd2 would we draft him? He would be great for us. If Atlanta doesn't pick him I do not know of many other teams that would? I know Denver and Carolina have issues with TE but I see them passing on the TE to go to another need.

I believe that if Rudolph is there in rd2 for us we grab him. I am not sold on Quinn, he reminds me of Corey Moore.

If Rudolph slipped to us in rd2 would we draft him? He would be great for us. If Atlanta doesn't pick him I do not know of many other teams that would? I know Denver and Carolina have issues with TE but I see them passing on the TE to go to another need.

I believe that if Rudolph is there in rd2 for us we grab him. I am not sold on Quinn, he reminds me of Corey Moore.

We'd have the best TE in the draft. Tennessee(#1 offensive need), Denver (#1 offensive need), Atlanta, and Carolina are definitely the competitors, but Denver picks before us in RD1 and we pick before them in RD2. I personally think he ends up as Atlanta's #1 pick, right around #29-31.

Champ Bailey is a UFA, CB should be a need for Denver and I wouldn't be surprised if they take one of the CBs. Also, CB can become a need for Buffalo if Florence is not resigned. I truly don't think the Bills don't go DL with having Kyle Williams, signing Edwards last year, and using 2 of their top 3 picks last year on Dline all to fill 3 spots.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

The key consideration is that the needs as described are those of TODAY... irrespective of 3 really important factors...

1) what the three teams will do in free agency

2) the fact two of the three teams have no head coach and coaching staff in place. A coaching phylosophy will dicate, to a great degree, what players are drafted.

3) the scouting combine is over a month away and none of the allstar games have yet been played. Every year a few players jump out, a few players are naughty, or new things discovered... dropping players out of top ten or first round altogether... case in point Claussen last year. He was in just about everyone's top 15.

Who is to say Denver will stay with the 3-4? There defense was as similarly as bad as the Bills, and they had a weaker schedule. So, building a defense on what foundation? Really nothing, just like the Bills. Who is to Carolina is to stay with a 4-3? If Cowher were to be the coach there, I'll guarantee you it will be a 3-4.

Gailey says the Bills are going to continue to run a hybrid with multiple fronts. They don't have the personel for the 3-4 nor the 4-3 now. So what are they... not a 3-4, not a 4-3? So, exactly why does it matter what DL they select?

So, not to knock your hard work and research. You based it on what's happening right now. Any mock draft done before the allstar games, combine, underclassmen declaring, and Free Agency is futile and worthless.

The key consideration is that the needs as described are those of TODAY... irrespective of 3 really important factors...

1) what the three teams will do in free agency

2) the fact two of the three teams have no head coach and coaching staff in place. A coaching phylosophy will dicate, to a great degree, what players are drafted.

3) the scouting combine is over a month away and none of the allstar games have yet been played. Every year a few players jump out, a few players are naughty, or new things discovered... dropping players out of top ten or first round altogether... case in point Claussen last year. He was in just about everyone's top 15.

Who is to say Denver will stay with the 3-4? There defense was as similarly as bad as the Bills, and they had a weaker schedule. So, building a defense on what foundation? Really nothing, just like the Bills. Who is to Carolina is to stay with a 4-3? If Cowher were to be the coach there, I'll guarantee you it will be a 3-4.

Gailey says the Bills are going to continue to run a hybrid with multiple fronts. They don't have the personel for the 3-4 nor the 4-3 now. So what are they... not a 3-4, not a 4-3? So, exactly why does it matter what DL they select?

So, not to knock your hard work and research. You based it on what's happening right now. Any mock draft done before the allstar games, combine, underclassmen declaring, and Free Agency is futile and worthless.

You're a bigger buzz kill than Buzz Killington.