Luck will not declare for the draft. Breaking news...

dayman

Tell that to my wife who went to one of the top business schools in the country for her MBA just because she wanted to prove she could do it.

(although I wish she'd use it to get a higher paying job, I really do! :( ).

I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless he didn't want to go to Carolina or had inside info on the pending lockout, this doesn't make much sense. It's hard to kill the guy for getting his education but the cons of going back to school far outweigh the pros.

I hope it works out for him, but if I was in his camp, I would have pushed for him to leave.

:wallbash: What do you guys not get here. There is no Tackle to take at 3 and we have less of a chance at a Fairley or Bowers because they might now go 1 & 2.

Wow this is really disturbing trend in these parts I see you guys are gonna take the victim role regardless :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Now each team above us has the same wants and needs right? :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

It's actually fairly common, especially at schools which actually graduate most of their players.

I'm surprised to learn that - I always assumed the vast majority were on 5-year plans (or longer), the rigors of a Division 1-A program taking a lot of time away from academics, and that the vast majority of players with eligibility left were underclassmen coming out early. Again, I'm talking D-1A programs at major schools - and I guess I'm really referring to the guys entering the NFL.

You're saying that it's fairly common that NFL players entering the draft as graduates still have a year of NCAA eligibility? :unsure:

(As The Dean might say, "I'd have to see the data.")

Edited by The Senator

:unsure: I'm confused.

Its just a random statement of fact and probably the truth - having a preference for taking the butcher's word for it I mean. On the other hand, anyone making such a dumb post is probably capable of anything, including sticking his head up a bull's azz...

BTW love the avatar. Somebody said it was a pic of Wade lol!

Gotta respect his decision. He understands the value of an education. But to walk away from the amount of money that he is going to walk away from and set your family up for life is admirable yet leaves me scratching my head a little bit. Nonetheless, kudos to Luck for sticking to his guns.

There may not BE a season next year, and if he declares for the draft, he will lose his scholarship eligibility. Might as well stay and see how things play out.

I'm surprised to learn that - I always assumed the vast majority were on 5-year plans (or longer), the rigors of a Division 1-A program taking a lot of time away from academics, and that the vast majority of players with eligibility left were underclassmen coming out early. Again, I'm talking D-1A programs at major schools - and I guess I'm really referring to the guys entering the NFL.

You're saying that it's fairly common that NFL players entering the draft as graduates still have a year of NCAA eligibility? :unsure:

(As The Dean might say, "I'd have to see the data.")

If you care about academics it's not uncommon to graduate in 3 years if you play football. They get private help, they can make up stuff later if they're on trips, they are enrolled in whatever they want whenever they want, they are there during summers and often enroll the spring semester of their freshman year in college.

So when you think about it that's an extra spring semester to start with and some summer classes each year. If you are a guy like Luck who was valedictorian in high school he's coming in with good amount of AP credits already.

Remember Lienheart took only ballroom dancing his last year? Tebow was on his graduate degree.

i'm just glad that this will be the final Luck thread on this board (hopefully) for a long, long time.

Ha! :lol:

Second-funniest post today.

Now that his return to Stanford is officially confirmed and there's still the slimmest chance that the Bills could draft him in 2012, the ' All Luck, All the Time ' station will be on the air for at least another year.

Ha! :lol:

Second-funniest post today.

Now that his return to Stanford is officially confirmed and there's still the slimmest chance that the Bills could draft him in 2012, the ' All Luck, All the Time ' station will be on the air for at least another year.

LOL. not when we start 8-0 next year with fitzy throwing lasers! woot woot!! :beer::P

1.) Anyone thinking Luck will not be the #1 overall in 2012 is ill ingormed, a flamer, or an idiot. You can categorize yourself accordingly.

2.) When was the last time a "knee" ended a QBs career? Luck would have to break his neck or get his throwing arm amputated to drop in draft position.

3.) He will make more money than he can spend in his life in 2011 or 2012 or 2013. He has a very special skill that is very highly compensated. There are not 32 human beings that can do what he most likely will do well.

4.) If you think Jack locker was a first round pick in 2010 you are either ill informed, a flamer or an idiot.

If you care about academics it's not uncommon to graduate in 3 years if you play football. They get private help, they can make up stuff later if they're on trips, they are enrolled in whatever they want whenever they want, they are there during summers and often enroll the spring semester of their freshman year in college.

So when you think about it that's an extra spring semester to start with and some summer classes each year. If you are a guy like Luck who was valedictorian in high school he's coming in with good amount of AP credits already.

Remember Lienheart took only ballroom dancing his last year? Tebow was on his graduate degree.

I just assumed that's 'cause Leinhart's a dumbass. B-)

But it still took Leinhart 5 years to learn the rhumba.

Tebow, like Luck, is a fairly special individual - and I do realize there are many others like them, but I still maintain that the vast majority - maybe even overwhelming majority - are on 5-year academic plans that coincide with a red-shirt season and 4-years of playing eligibility.

I'm very surprised to learn otherwise.