Excitment over Harbaugh!!!!

cmjoyce113

As Charlie Casserly reported and was later verified, the Bills approached Jim Harbaugh last year but he was not interested in the head coaching job that was eventually given to Chan Gailey.

He was probably just afraid Jimbo would beat the crap out of him again.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not like he's an unknown quantity. Had a long career in the NFL. Tons of connections in the league.

The coaching community is a very small and close-knit group and they universally regard Harbaugh as a great one. Everyone knows he'll become a star in this league.

Tiger Woods was unproven coming out of Stanford but everyone knew he'd kill on the tour. Same thing here. Everyone knows Harbaugh is great.

If he wanted to come to Buffalo, I'd have no qualms firing Gailey if I were Ralph. Of course that's a pipe dream.

I wonder how many coaches were sure things. Seems like Saban was one of those guys that was a sure thing who would have been a star in the NFL. A long playing career does not guarantee success as a head coach. For that matter it doesn't matter what connections you have in the NFL, unless they are going to hide in your office and coach the team for you in case you cannot cut it. Fact is he is an unproven commodity. Remember, he has Andrew Luck on his team...much the same as Tom Brady made Bill a genius.

I hope Miami pulls the trigger on Harbaugh and can sign him for 8 Million a year. I think this move is going to set there franchise back for years. This might be worse than a lot of the moves the Bills ever made.

If you look at his career record it is anything but great. He has had one good year, coincidentally he has the top NFL prospect in the country on his team. Correlation? I think he is ready to leave Stanford because he knows his stock is only going to drop.

I also think that interviewing for a position that isn't open is classless. Brian Billick was on Mike & Mike this morning and said that is something that coaches just don't to do each other. He said that might make it hard for him to assemble a quality staff when he does get hired because it's going to be hard to trust someone like that.

I think it will be great to have the Dolphins be the door mat of the division for a few years!

Harbaugh can flat out coach and would be devastating if he went to Miami, but that wont happen know, thank God. I was hoping he would come here last year and I would take him this year eve though I like Chan.