Excitment over Harbaugh!!!!

cmjoyce113

I hope Miami pulls the trigger on Harbaugh and can sign him for 8 Million a year. I think this move is going to set there franchise back for years. This might be worse than a lot of the moves the Bills ever made.

If you look at his career record it is anything but great. He has had one good year, coincidentally he has the top NFL prospect in the country on his team. Correlation? I think he is ready to leave Stanford because he knows his stock is only going to drop.

I also think that interviewing for a position that isn't open is classless. Brian Billick was on Mike & Mike this morning and said that is something that coaches just don't to do each other. He said that might make it hard for him to assemble a quality staff when he does get hired because it's going to be hard to trust someone like that.

I think it will be great to have the Dolphins be the door mat of the division for a few years!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Harbaugh interviewed with the 49ers for 5 hours yesterday, and the Raiders are also interested in his services (not to mention that Michigan finally pulled the trigger on Rodriguez)...

Link - Jim Harbaugh, 49ers met

He's already living in Palo Alto - I'd bet that Harbaugh stays in the SF Bay area, and tries to work a deal to get Andrew Luck in next year's draft.

I hope Miami pulls the trigger on Harbaugh and can sign him for 8 Million a year. I think this move is going to set there franchise back for years. This might be worse than a lot of the moves the Bills ever made.

If you look at his career record it is anything but great. He has had one good year, coincidentally he has the top NFL prospect in the country on his team. Correlation? I think he is ready to leave Stanford because he knows his stock is only going to drop.

I also think that interviewing for a position that isn't open is classless. Brian Billick was on Mike & Mike this morning and said that is something that coaches just don't to do each other. He said that might make it hard for him to assemble a quality staff when he does get hired because it's going to be hard to trust someone like that.

I think it will be great to have the Dolphins be the door mat of the division for a few years!

Dude he took San Diego from a doormat to two straight 11 win seasons. How do you think he got the Stanford job. Not to mention, had a pretty good season at Stanford last year as well. Might want to do a little research next time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Harbaugh

I have never been impressed with Tony Sparano, but what the Dolphin organization is doing to him is low class. I liken it to some guy telling his girlfriend "I'm going to check out the blonde over there. If it doesn't work out I'll be back"

Harbaugh interviewed with the 49ers for 5 hours yesterday, and the Raiders are also interested in his services (not to mention that Michigan finally pulled the trigger on Rodriguez)...

Link - Jim Harbaugh, 49ers met

He's already living in Palo Alto - I'd bet that Harbaugh stays in the SF Bay area, and tries to work a deal to get Andrew Luck in next year's draft.

Unless Michigan backs up a semi Harbaugh will not go to Michigan. He was passed over as an asst during L Carr's tenure and that stuck.

I must disagree, I would not want Harbaugh coaching another team in our division. He hasn't been an NFL coach yet but I just think he could come in and turn a team around even better than his brother has done in Baltimore. I would have welcomed him with open arms if he would have been interested in coming to the NFL when the Bills were looking for a new coach last year.

As for the classlessness, I agree, Sporano came in, turned them from a 1-15 team to a division champ and they go and do this to him. It ain't right.

Dude he took San Diego from a doormat to two straight 11 win seasons. How do you think he got the Stanford job. Not to mention, had a pretty good season at Stanford last year as well. Might want to do a little research next time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Harbaugh

Yea I appreciate the Wikipedia Link you provided me showing me that he is 58 and 27 in college. That will make him Bill Bellichek in the pros. You might also want to look at who they played the 2 years... they were a 1 AA school. I certainly don't think that he's anything special but that's me.

Luck is definitely coming out; there will be a rookie salary structure in place in 2012.

I keep saying this but nobody listens...the CBA has expired. No player will be signed without a new CBA. The new CBA will contain a rookie cap/scale. Players drafted this April will be subject to that cap/scale.

Really, I mean it.

I keep saying this but nobody listens...the CBA has expired. No player will be signed without a new CBA. The new CBA will contain a rookie cap/scale. Players drafted this April will be subject to that cap/scale.

Really, I mean it.

I think a lot of the Harbaugh excitement or interest is coming from his brothers success in Baltimore. Plus it does help to have one of the best college QB's to play the game.

I for one would be very cautious with him if I was an owner/GM. It has been shown before that college coaches rarely have success in the NFL.

Yea I appreciate the Wikipedia Link you provided me showing me that he is 58 and 27 in college. That will make him Bill Bellichek in the pros. You might also want to look at who they played the 2 years... they were a 1 AA school. I certainly don't think that he's anything special but that's me.

I guess we'll see what happens. The dude has taken over two flailing programs and turned them into big-time winners. Obviously his record was going to be down his first couple years at Stanford before he got his own recruits in there. The dude is a complete madman. Guy I work with used to play for him at San Diego and says he's gonna be a phenomenal coach wherever he's at. He's gonna be Bill Cowher without the mustache.

I think a lot of the Harbaugh excitement or interest is coming from his brothers success in Baltimore. Plus it does help to have one of the best college QB's to play the game.

I for one would be very cautious with him if I was an owner/GM. It has been shown before that college coaches rarely have success in the NFL.

How many of those unsuccessful college coaches played in the NFL for 15 years? With his family history with a successful coach for a father, a brother with NFL success, combined with his NFL playing experience & college coaching resume, there can't possibly be a hotter coaching prospect than Harbaugh.

Since he can write his own ticket, he should choose a franchise where he has a good chance at success. Miami appears to be the worst of the possible job openings because they will not have a QB in the near future. Henne has become Miami's version of Trent Edwards, a bargain pick (they could have chosen Matt Ryan but didn't and tried to get their QB in the 2nd round) who has set the franchise back years as a result of his lack of talent.

There is so much hype and talk about Miami, San Fran, Denver etc willing to offer this guy 7-8 mill a year. There are so many proven headcoaches on the market - Billick, Gruden, Cowher etc. What are team execs smoking these days rationalizing this type of move? It seems ludicrous to me.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

It's not like he's an unknown quantity. Had a long career in the NFL. Tons of connections in the league.

The coaching community is a very small and close-knit group and they universally regard Harbaugh as a great one. Everyone knows he'll become a star in this league.

Tiger Woods was unproven coming out of Stanford but everyone knew he'd kill on the tour. Same thing here. Everyone knows Harbaugh is great.

If he wanted to come to Buffalo, I'd have no qualms firing Gailey if I were Ralph. Of course that's a pipe dream.