Behind Closed Doors

Bills99999

IMO, the only way the Bills trade the #3 pick in the draft, would be for more draft picks later. The Bills are more than one star player away from being a contender...is there any 1 single veteran player that you think would make this current Bills squad a playoff team? I can't think of one...the Bills are rebuilding, like it or not...

Yes. The elite quarterbacks would. But still, it'll never happen.

It would certainly help to have an elite QB, but, IMO, there are so many other holes to fill right now, by the time the rest of the team was ready to go, that elite QB (Brady, Mannig, maybe Brees are the only guys I would consider established elite at this point), that elite QB will be that much further toward the end of his career. Also, I am not completely convinced that a guy like Brady would have flourished all these years, on another roster. Not taking anything from Brady, or trying to insinuate that it is just the system he is in that makes him great, but sometimes the stars have to align.

Trading down is a science, it has to be done just right to pull it off. We have lots of needs especially on defense.

I would trade down 1 or 2 spots if the player we want has already been taken (ie - Luck) and we have assurances that the team we are trading with is selecting someone else we don't want.

Picking up a extra 5th round pick or 4th round pick will help us a ton. I liked what Mangini did a few years ago he moved down 3 times in the first round and stock piled several picks. regretably they didn't all pan out, but it was a good move.

Bills Top 4 need picks as long as we stay in the top 5 picks.

1. Luck - QB

2. Fairley - DT

3. A.J Green - WR

4. Bowers - DE

Trading down is a science, it has to be done just right to pull it off. We have lots of needs especially on defense.

I would trade down 1 or 2 spots if the player we want has already been taken (ie - Luck) and we have assurances that the team we are trading with is selecting someone else we don't want.

Picking up a extra 5th round pick or 4th round pick will help us a ton. I liked what Mangini did a few years ago he moved down 3 times in the first round and stock piled several picks. regretably they didn't all pan out, but it was a good move.

Bills Top 4 need picks as long as we stay in the top 5 picks.

1. Luck - QB

2. Fairley - DT

3. A.J Green - WR

4. Bowers - DE

So, the suddenly deep reciever depth the Bills flexed this season didn't impress you that much?

Do you think there is some wheeling and dealing going on to trade our first pick for some established talent?

Absolutely. I can guarantee you with 100% certainty that the Bills are putting together a package that includes their 1st pick for Tom Brady, Jarod Mayo, Vince Wilfork, Rob Gronkowski, and Brandon Merriwether