Shaud Williams

pdh1

Should Shaud Williams move ahead of Burns on the depth chart?

I think he already has.

I was thrilled when he signed with the Bills...... He is a team leader also. He was the glue that held an Alabama team in near chaos together his senior year.

No doubt Yankee, I felt exactly the same way. I don't know how we stole a great ballplayer who also happened to be hte leading rusher in the toughest conference in college football.

Cya

I think he already has.

No doubt Yankee, I felt exactly the same way. I don't know how we stole a great ballplayer who also happened to be hte leading rusher in the toughest conference in college football.

Cya

157860[/snapback]

Well, when Willis gets dinged immediately Burns goes in the game. I like Shaud a lot, and think he can be an excellent #3 RB on this team, with valuable carries or catches when he is put in. It remains to be seen if he can even be a #2 RB in this league, capable of being a full time starter and workhorse if the #1 goes down. I, too, think of him as a Meggett type, for now.

Well, when Willis gets dinged immediately Burns goes in the game.

He did 'til today; and I don't think he's looked all that good doing it.

I didn't see him get any carries today, but admittedly I got in late from cutting down the Christmas tree and wasn't as focused on the 2ndhalf blowout as I should have been.

Your right, I'm probably jumping the gun here. I guess I'd like to see him in protection a little before I'd advocate moving him up. That said the staff may have already seen it and decided he's ready to move up into Travis' vacated role.

Cya

He did 'til today; and I don't think he's looked all that good doing it.

I didn't see him get any carries today, but admittedly I got in late from cutting down the Christmas tree and wasn't as focused on the 2ndhalf blowout as I should have been.

Your right, I'm probably jumping the gun here. I guess I'd like to see him in protection a little before I'd advocate moving him up. That said the staff may have already seen it and decided he's ready to move up into Travis' vacated role.

Cya

157880[/snapback]

Burns came in at least once, and I think twice, when Willis came out early in the game. They put Shaud in as a look late when it was pretty much over. Again, I liked it though. Burns continues to look mediocre, although he serves a clear purpose, able to catch and be a back-up FB and play well on special teams, etc. It surprised me that the second offensive staff kept Burns, without him really playing in pre-season because of injury. He must be a pretty good player in practice.

Burns came in at least once, and I think twice, when Willis came out early in the game. They put Shaud in as a look late when it was pretty much over. Again, I liked it though. Burns continues to look mediocre, although he serves a clear purpose, able to catch and be a back-up FB and play well on special teams, etc. It surprised me that the second offensive staff kept Burns, without him really playing in pre-season because of injury. He must be a pretty good player in practice.

157886[/snapback]

Actually Kelly I dont think that is exactly true....

While he didn't get a lot of time I think he did go in earlier in the game for a couple of carries.....as did Burns.....

I gotta say..I LOVE the way Shawd Williams plays........he is a natural pass catcher....and because he is so short he is hard to find.....

I could still see the need to keep a veteran "banger" type RB on the team though just in case of of injury.....BUT.....I would like to see S. Williams get much more involved with this team in the future.....

Actually Kelly I dont think that is exactly true....

While he didn't get a lot of time I think he did go in earlier in the game for a couple of carries.....as did Burns.....

I gotta say..I LOVE the way Shawd Williams plays........he is a natural pass catcher....and because he is so short he is hard to find.....

I could still see the need to keep a veteran "banger" type RB on the team though just in case of of injury.....BUT.....I would like to see S. Williams get much more involved with this team in the future.....

157896[/snapback]

Yes and no. You're right, I forgot that they put Shaud in early in the third quarter after that long reverse by Evans for a few plays when it was first and 15 (then threw a screen to him and ran him and he looked good on both plays). But again, when Willis gets dinged they go to Burns. I like Shaud a lot. he was a great college player and looked good in pre-season. Obviously he played well as the coaches leapfrogged him over Simonton and then played him today when he was finally healthy. I just doubt if he can be a full time player because of his size, although it is not an impossiblity. i don't doubt that he belongs in the NFL and can be a valuable role player, and hope the Bills keep and use him.