"The Exorcist Files"

ajzepp

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/05/discovery-exorcist-files/

Okay, this has the potential to be one of the most interesting reality shows of all time. I'm Catholic myself, and this is something I take very seriously. While I think psychological illness is a confounding variable in truly discerning an actual possession, I do believe that this is a real thing and I'm fascinated by it. I am really surprised that the Vatican is actually going to allow access to exorcism documents and records, but I'm really glad that they are.

Here is the most exciting news, as far as I'm concerned: "If the show’s first season is successful, the network hopes its partnership with the Church will pave the way for producers GoGo Luckey to take the series to the next level — joining Catholic investigators on live demon-purging ride-alongs."

I know this is a controversial topic and I'm sure a lot of you skeptics will call BS, but that's cool by me. The debate over it is half the fun. I feel pretty strongly about which side of the issue I fall on, though, so I'm really interested in this show.

What do you guys think??

http://insidetv.ew.c...exorcist-files/

Okay, this has the potential to be one of the most interesting reality shows of all time. I'm Catholic myself, and this is something I take very seriously. While I think psychological illness is a confounding variable in truly discerning an actual possession, I do believe that this is a real thing and I'm fascinated by it. I am really surprised that the Vatican is actually going to allow access to exorcism documents and records, but I'm really glad that they are.

Here is the most exciting news, as far as I'm concerned: "If the show's first season is successful, the network hopes its partnership with the Church will pave the way for producers GoGo Luckey to take the series to the next level — joining Catholic investigators on live demon-purging ride-alongs."

I know this is a controversial topic and I'm sure a lot of you skeptics will call BS, but that's cool by me. The debate over it is half the fun. I feel pretty strongly about which side of the issue I fall on, though, so I'm really interested in this show.

What do you guys think??

Look at my post at 4:13 in the lentil thread. :unsure:

Look at my post at 4:13 in the lentil thread. :unsure:

I can't see that link because of the filter here at work...am I duplicating a post or something?

I can't see that link because of the filter here at work...am I duplicating a post or something?

No I posted a link to the Exorcist theme in response to BuffaloBill's post about puking split pea soup. One minute before you started this thread. Creepy man.

No I posted a link to the Exorcist theme in response to BuffaloBill's post about puking split pea soup. One minute before you started this thread. Creepy man.

Oh :lol:

:ph34r:

http://insidetv.ew.c...exorcist-files/

Here is the most exciting news, as far as I'm concerned: "If the show's first season is successful, the network hopes its partnership with the Church will pave the way for producers GoGo Luckey to take the series to the next level — joining Catholic investigators on live demon-purging ride-alongs."

What do you guys think??

- There is no god.

- There is no devil.

- Organized religion exists for 2 purposes:

- 1. To control human behavior.

- 2. To collect money.

- If you want to discover true evil, examine the behavior of the Catholic church throughout history.

I'm all over this show. Ghost Adventures is my favorite show on right now.

I love that show, man...I would love to go with those dudes on a lockdown one night...I would crap myself lol

- There is no god.

- There is no devil.

- Organized religion exists for 2 purposes:

- 1. To control human behavior.

- 2. To collect money.

- If you want to discover true evil, examine the behavior of the Catholic church throughout history.

I'm not naive to the criminal acts of the church over the years, that's for sure. The fact of the matter is that there is a difference between the Catholic faith and the Catholic church. The Catholic church has been run by men, men who are sinners and at times evil. Similar men are still involved with the church today. But I consider that to be a testament to the evil nature of men, and not evidence that there is no God. Just my opinion.

You guys mention this money thing, but I have yet to see a church that isn't interested or focused on collecting money. It's not possible to ignore the business aspect of a church these days, and the Catholics have not cornered the market on this practice. On the flip side, however, the Vatican (last I knew) was the single biggest charitable contributor on our planet earth and priests take a vow of poverty. So it sort of evens out lol.

I think he means consult the Book of Lentil, Chapter 10 Verse 13 where Chef doth link to sacred alter of Youtube®

:lol:

They're supposed to be celibate too. We all know how well that worked out. :D

I'm just busting chops, AJ. :beer:

:lol: Yep, they need to repeat the class on that one

And feel free to bust away, bro...I think the things priests have done are atrocious, and there are many aspects of the church where they need to get their crap together. It's embarrassing and sickening to have some of that stuff going on...just no excuse for it

I don't think JP would have OKed this. Benedict seems a little more lax on some things.

Yeah, possibly so. A friend of mine did mention that the church had allowed access to exorcism documents previously for some book that came out on the subject, but I have never seen or read it. Either way, it'll be interesting to see how this show pans out.