Setting the High Standard for Humane Processing of Horses

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

I would love to try some of your dried jerkies. A good jerky cooker is something amazing. Deer jerky remains one of my favorite meats no matter how much steak I eat. If I had a way to send you some beef I would love to do so just to let you see what you think of it, but dry ice only gets it as far as Missouri.

I don't make jerky I make dry cured sausages and I use pork but I'd love to make some with beef. Overnight it and I'll make it up to you in top notch sausages back your way or I can pay the shipping my way. I've got a u UPS acct.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest three3

You know, I rarely play video games but for some reason I got hooked on this one. :blush: But John Marston is a fine looking cowboy. :wub:

it's the only shooter i own for the ps3. actually the rest of my ps3 library consists entirely of sports games. i also rarely play..is this the first shooter where you can slaughter animals? from what i remember you could shoot them all, carve them up etc. where's the outrage, peta?

it's the only shooter i own for the ps3. actually the rest of my ps3 library consists entirely of sports games. i also rarely play..is this the first shooter where you can slaughter animals? from what i remember you could shoot them all, carve them up etc. where's the outrage, peta?

Yep, you can shoot/slaughter anything thing that moves. :death:

I thought you said you were going to buy me a copy of that golf game. :flirt:

Well, that was going to be the end result of me asking you if you knew anything about golf, but when you asked me how many home runs it takes to get a hole in one, I pretty much figured it was a lost cause :w00t:

Well, that was going to be the end result of me asking you if you knew anything about golf, but when you asked me how many home runs it takes to get a hole in one, I pretty much figured it was a lost cause :w00t:

I did NOT say that! Quit making me look bad. :angry:

O M F G

Did you do this just to get me to rage?! This is not the PPP board so I will try to maintain some civility, but idealists like you piss me off.

I am a commercial beef farmer if you did not know. Farmers are not evil people. I do not punish my cows, I do not pack them in huge lots of other animals and ........

........facts, stop being such a liberal puppet, go back to your PETA meeting, and leave this topic alone. I put half an ounce of thought in to this, if required, I will recite quotes from sources and make sure you understand how foolish your worries are...because really, you have nothing to worry about, your precious mustangs will be ok.

tl,dr:

This is to allow for the processing of commercial horses for a business purpose only. You hippies who want to tell others what to eat because of your "morals" shows how illogical and immoral you are.

What he said. PETA? (People Eating Tasty Animals)

O M F G

Did you do this just to get me to rage?! This is not the PPP board so I will try to maintain some civility, but idealists like you piss me off...

...stop being such a liberal puppet...

...You hippies...

how illogical and immoral you are.

Is this addressed to me?

Have you seen how fish are "slaughtered"? I have no problem with eating horse. I've never had it but what's the big deal? How many here have eaten deer? I bet it's safe to say most of us have. What's the difference?

Salle de chaval roti avec champinion savage. Mmm-mmmm good.

they club them just like Sarah Palin did.

You go, man!

Damned hippies...it's almost lunch time here, and I'm so hungry I could eat a horse!

(Or maybe a delicious Horsemeat Pie.)

ELAINE: No we didn't. You take these things too literally. It's like

saying, you're hungry enough to eat a horse.

KRAMER: Well, my friend Jay Reimenschneider eats horse all the time. He

gets it from his butcher.

I can never resist the opportunity to get in a Seinfeld qoute.......

Edited by BB27

ELAINE: No we didn't. You take these things too literally. It's like

saying, you're hungry enough to eat a horse.

KRAMER: Well, my friend Jay Reimenschneider eats horse all the time. He

gets it from his butcher.

I can never resist the opportunity to get in a Seinfeld qoute.......

:thumbsup::lol:

Horses are much tastier than lentils.

O M F G

Did you do this just to get me to rage?! This is not the PPP board so I will try to maintain some civility, but idealists like you piss me off.

I am a commercial beef farmer if you did not know. Farmers are not evil people. I do not punish my cows, I do not pack them in huge lots of other animals and torture them. I invite any of you to my farm if ever in central NC to see so.

You're worried about mustangs? Trust me, this harvesting of horses is not to go out there and make that indian in the poster cry. According to the gov there are 33,700 in the US and 26,000 in Canada. This project is not to go after these horses. This entire project is to allow farmers and owners to have an option to sell their horses instead of having to pay to take them to the propper disposal center. Horse meat used to be used in many products; dog food, fish food, and other industrial uses. Now you cannot harvest a horse and the last US plant to harvest horses has closed almost a decade ago. (If you didn't know, you can take them to Canada, still, if nearby).

This is not strictly for meat. The EU has banned importation of horse meat. Don't get butthurt because other countries have their preferences have their own tastes. Many other countries have their own ideas on what is food it is not your right to deem that for others.

To suggest that this will solve the costs of food is a joke. Really? Horse meat is going to be so cheap that it will be more affordable then McD's? That it will be commercially available and cheaper then beef is pure speculation. Turkey is the cheapest meat available and will be nearly impossible to beat.

Learn some facts, stop being such a liberal puppet, go back to your PETA meeting, and leave this topic alone. I put half an ounce of thought in to this, if required, I will recite quotes from sources and make sure you understand how foolish your worries are...because really, you have nothing to worry about, your precious mustangs will be ok.

tl,dr:

This is to allow for the processing of commercial horses for a business purpose only. You hippies who want to tell others what to eat because of your "morals" shows how illogical and immoral you are.

I like a good hamburger as much as the next guy but I'm also aware of the practices of factory farming. Bravo to you for maintaining a good environment for your animals. There is nothing inhumane about eating animals if those animals are not made to suffer while they are raised. And does it matter if some horses are slaughtered for food if others die slow deaths from neglect? We're all meat in the end.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I like a good hamburger as much as the next guy but I'm also aware of the practices of factory farming. Bravo to you for maintaining a good environment for your animals. There is nothing inhumane about eating animals if those animals are not made to suffer while they are raised. And does it matter if some horses are slaughtered for food if others die slow deaths from neglect? We're all meat in the end.

PTR

Well said, Promo...that's exactly how I feel. I am a meat eater and I enjoy every minute of it. But I do not believe in making animals suffer unneccesarily. I will not eat veal for this very reason. I feel animals should be slaughtered humanely. I learned a while back that this is also one of the tenets of kosher preparation, so I tend to look for meats that are kosher because of that.

This doesn't really apply to chickens, though...I don't care what happens to those things

(j/k :w00t: )

Is this addressed to me?

It applies to no one individually, this only applies to those people who believe their moral compass is the only one and should dictate the rest of the civilization.

Well said, Promo...that's exactly how I feel. I am a meat eater and I enjoy every minute of it. But I do not believe in making animals suffer unneccesarily. I will not eat veal for this very reason. I feel animals should be slaughtered humanely. I learned a while back that this is also one of the tenets of kosher preparation, so I tend to look for meats that are kosher because of that.

Look in to Hallal, it is the Kosher version and actually somewhat "cleaner" then Kosher in some regards.

Edited by jboyst62