Gallery, Hawk, or Barnett

there was an article I was reading earlier by Patrick Moran stating that Gailey likes Wood at center, and I'd tend to agree with him. He seems more stout at the point of attack and he's more a brute to handle the guys in the middle. Maybe Hang goes to guard or the bench. If he's gone, however, would gallery be a decent pickup? He never panned out at tackle but has been solid as a guard. Also, if Andre Davis doesn't come back I don't think the Pack can keep both Hawk and Barnett. I'd take either one of these guys. Thoughts?

there was an article I was reading earlier by Patrick Moran stating that Gailey likes Wood at center, and I'd tend to agree with him. He seems more stout at the point of attack and he's more a brute to handle the guys in the middle. Maybe Hang goes to guard or the bench. If he's gone, however, would gallery be a decent pickup? He never panned out at tackle but has been solid as a guard. Also, if Andre Davis doesn't come back I don't think the Pack can keep both Hawk and Barnett. I'd take either one of these guys. Thoughts?

This here article says that the deal Bishop just signed gives the Pack the abilty to keep all three, although that prolly will not be the case.

And I'd take Gallery in a heartbeat

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/04/packers-linebacker-desmond-bishop-cashes-in/

This here article says that the deal Bishop just signed gives the Pack the abilty to keep all three, although that prolly will not be the case.

And I'd take Gallery in a heartbeat

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/04/packers-linebacker-desmond-bishop-cashes-in/

True, they have the ability to keep all 3 but it looks like the likelihood isn't that great

Hawk signed through 2011: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=nfl&id=3629

Barnett through 2012: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1779

Why would they drop either of their starting ILBs?

Hawk is due $10 mil next season and Barnett $6. Only way they are kept is if their contracts are ripped up and renegotiated. No way they are kept at those prices

I liked HAWK but he never lived up to the hype,,so far.. Me IM looking hard at LAMAR WOODLEY, if its my money .

I'd sh-t myself if we got Woodley, but with a 3rd round pick on the way and re-signing Merriman, it's gonna be another year of little FA acquisitions IMO.

robert gallery was a collosal bust at tackle, but he's a very good guard.

*colossal

That's my understanding as well. I've only seen him briefly at guard, but he looked good to me. I'll take him, especially since I'd really like to see Hang be our first guy off the bench for the interior. He's smart and pretty decent. Ridiculously better than any of the centers that we've had recently (Preston, Fowler etc). I just want more of a mauling interior so that we can run the ball vs the excellent 3-4's that we face.

I'd rather see: Bell, Mankins, Wood, Levitre, FA/Draft Pick; but if that's not a possibility I'd take it.

Mankins is another good one, he'll be a FA (was franchised this year). He'd command quite a bit more coin than Gallery, though. (last 2 seasons a pro bowler)

although this will weaken the patriots, and i'm down for that at whatever contract cost

I'd sh-t myself if we got Woodley, but with a 3rd round pick on the way and re-signing Merriman, it's gonna be another year of little FA acquisitions IMO.

If That's true. I'm done with this team. They gotta go out and Get NFL Players in FA. Not just get Marginal talent like last offseason. Otherwise we're going to right back at 4-12 in 2011...

The Packers just re-signed Desmond Bishop, http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=nfl&id=4403 who's been playing well this season in replacement of Nick Barnett and is being predicted as the successor to Hawk in Green Bay

With the contract talks this year teams/players/agents have positioned themselve to be as flexible as possible. This years FA class is pretty stout compared to years passed and if the new CBA comes about many RFA may become FA too. If Ralph and the front office are serious this is a good year to get alot better talent wise.

i gotta disagree,nix and company have seen the team and its weaknesses closeup now ,i think they use fa for holes, in reality ralph has spent when he trusted his front office i believe this year the bills compete for some people in free agency

three in particular i hope for te, olb, and nt ,solai,woodley and miller,reasoning is ,davis just lost team respect by firing cable ,free agents are likely to step off,

,woodley has team connection with our asst. gm whaley from pitt days,,it was whaley who scouted woodley supposedly,

,soliai is grossly underpaid ,and worth going for

.then the draft is the finishing touches ,

while im wishing ,, heres my draft ,

1,fairley or dareus. de

2 ijalana or cannon og ,kerrigan olb

3 hightower ilb or beal olb

4 devlin or mcelroy,or dalton qb

4a moffit og

5 phil taylor nt

6 romeus de ,

7 anyone developmental

:worthy: dare to dream