Okay Mallet, make me a believer

Virgil

btw...there are people who think Terrell Pryor can be an NFL QB?? The guy has been afraid to throw a pass the entire second half.

The running thing works fine in college, but his future is in Canada.

There's always a career in pawn brokering.

I hear college grads can make $1 million more than simpleton high school grads, so he'll be set for life, especially since he's smart enough to be counseled by the wise man Tressel.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's always a career in pawn brokering.

I hear college grads can make $1 million more than simpleton high school grads, so he'll be set for life, especially since he's smart enough to be counseled by the wise man Tressel.

With $1M, the guy is set for life. He can spend the next 50 years at least having hot tub parties with hot chicks, smoking real cubans, and drinking top shelf tequila straight from the bottle. :devil:

Cameron Heyward had a dominating performance. Nice job by the big guy. :thumbsup:

Personally I'd lime to trade down and get Newton or Mallet late in the first(that's if were going to pick up a QB at all. No point in taking anyone else, a 3rd runder or lower won't be impressive at all anyway) and then take Heyward in the 2nd. The guy is a monster.

it really is rough -- i hate that he threw that late pick but he played a game that should have kept him out of that spot. if half the drops were catches they wouldve been up 10. when you cant trust your WR or your line, its hard to be a real leader or clutch player. now the debate is how much good is him and how much is petrino? how much bad is him and how much is his cast?

Here's the question that should be asked about any quarterback:

Do they make those around them better?

Fitz is far from a top shelf talent but there's no doubt that he makes his teammates better. And the reason this is true is both because he is cerebral and because he connects with his teammates emotionally.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

I just finished watching the game and I am a believer. Ryan Mallett should be our top choice in the draft if Luck isn't available. He makes all the throws an NFL QB needs to make and he has the size and arm strength a QB will need in Buffalo.

His mobility is lacking, but I don't care about that. That INT at the end of the game was a horrible read, as well, but he shouldn't have even been in that position if his receivers would have caught all those passes they dropped.

I say use the 3rd overall pick on the guy and let him sit behind Fitz for a year or two.

First of all, I do searches all day in real life. I don't come to this mindless board and research before I post. It's a stream of thinking blog.

2nd - Mallett, Make me a believer is not the same as Mallett, You Suck.

Finally, there is no need to annoy almost everyone and end threads. Duplicate threads end organically. And if they don't, what's the harm? If you really just want this to be a blog for you six mods, just let us know. You are the only one who needs this.

Ending duplicate threads doesn't "annoy almost everyone" JPS. It only serves to streamline the board and make it less cluttered with obvious BS. Contrary to what u think, most of us appreciate mods closing duplicate threads and obvious trolling threads. (see buffalo barbarian)

Ending duplicate threads doesn't "annoy almost everyone" JPS. It only serves to streamline the board and make it less cluttered with obvious BS. Contrary to what u think, most of us appreciate mods closing duplicate threads and obvious trolling threads. (see buffalo barbarian)

It's awfully paternal. Enjoy.

Not clutch and no ability to create when the pocket breaks down. Mallett would need 5 pro-bowlers on the offensive line to be a great NFL QB.

I will say this, though. That is quite an arm on him and he has improved his accuracy this year. He could still throw with better touch. Some of those drops were 10 yard-passes with too much zip.

I was thinking that when I read about how one of his passes broke a guy's finger, how they shred gloves, really hurt if they hit in the chest.

In the linked article, it was presented as a Good Thing.

For a quarterback, isn't it better to have just enough zip to get the job done, rather than making your receivers pluck a "live bullet" every time?

I'm a believer... that we should draft for the DL

I'll pass on Mallet, stares down every WR he throws too. That wont fly in the NFL and that last pick was horrendous. No thanks, If a QB has to be picked, I'll take Cam Newton.

With alot of time on my hands, I rewound every pass play he had last night. Not only does he NOT stare down receivers, he was excellent in looking off DB's to set up his throws when the play call allowed him time. He has a fabulous arm!! The late pic was caused by an unblocked blitzer forcing an off balanced throw that the LB anticipated. Happens to every QB, and is correctable.

I'd be fine with him as a Bill.

Personally I'd lime to trade down and get Newton or Mallet late in the first(that's if were going to pick up a QB at all. No point in taking anyone else, a 3rd runder or lower won't be impressive at all anyway) and then take Heyward in the 2nd. The guy is a monster.

After watching Cameron Heyward absolutely destroy a pretty good Arkansas OL, I think he has probably played himself back into R1. That was the best game I've seen out of a top DE prospect this year.

I just finished watching the game and I am a believer. Ryan Mallett should be our top choice in the draft if Luck isn't available. He makes all the throws an NFL QB needs to make and he has the size and arm strength a QB will need in Buffalo.

His mobility is lacking, but I don't care about that. That INT at the end of the game was a horrible read, as well, but he shouldn't have even been in that position if his receivers would have caught all those passes they dropped.

I say use the 3rd overall pick on the guy and let him sit behind Fitz for a year or two.

Anytime the guy gets pressure on him, he makes a mistake. He did against Alabama, he did last night against Ohio State. He will get tons of pressure in the NFL, more so than he's seen at Arkansas. To use our 3rd pick on Mallett would be a huge mistake. This guy has Ryan Leaf written all over him, a head case who can't handle pressure. Pass.

I find it interesting that no QB of his size has ever been successful in the NFL. It's almost counter-intuitive that height at the QB position is a detriment. Go figure.

I still want defense at #3.

I find it interesting that no QB of his size has ever been successful in the NFL. It's almost counter-intuitive that height at the QB position is a detriment. Go figure.

Its not a mystery. There just haven't been many college QBs with his height, period, let alone good ones.