Got 2 checks today

mead107

It is real. I went to the site to find out.

Look at this list. I think I will sign up for all of them.

http://classactionworld.com/public/filedcases.php?ref=#

Most of them are securities lawsuits, I'd bet. Unless you owned the stock during a given time period (and they know if you did), you're not eligible.

Never mind the innate retardness of your usual "my stock went down, so I'm going to sue" class-action suit. Every time one of the stocks I hold goes down, I get about five class-action notifications. :wacko:

Most of them are securities lawsuits, I'd bet. Unless you owned the stock during a given time period (and they know if you did), you're not eligible.

Never mind the innate retardness of your usual "my stock went down, so I'm going to sue" class-action suit. Every time one of the stocks I hold goes down, I get about five class-action notifications. :wacko:

That happens whenever there's a merger/takeover between public companies, too. In fact, the settlement for these suits is almost always budgeted into the deal. You can usually get 5-8% after a likely deal is announced. A few months after the deal is completed, you'll get something in the mail that states that the class-action suit was settled and the lawyers got their money. Nothing for you, though. Thanks for playing.

Regarding those leeches you mention, we had a client at my old firm who had a website along the lines of "WeSueBrokers.com". We were joking about it on the trade desk as the Chief Compliance Officer walked by and asked what the jokes was. We showed him and he asked the Director of Trading "Is he a good client?" DoT said, "Nah... he's actually quite a pain." 5 minutes later the account was closed. That was pretty funny.