Florida Hires Charlie Weis

H2o

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5984192

I can't believe he's jumping back to the college ranks so quickly, especially after his ND flop. I also can't believe Florida hired him. Great offensive mind, but his defenses were always terrible @ ND.

Personally, I think Weiss is a ham, and loved being the HC at Notre Dame. He loved to hear himself talk. As an OC in the NFL, he wasn't going to get that opportunity...he is making what seems like a lateral move, IMO, because he figures he is more likely to get a HC job at the college level, again, than in the NFL.

:doh: I thought he was going to be the HC. Having a little trouble with reading comprehension today. :thumbsup:

Ha, no worries. Florida already made headlines in snatching Will Muschamp away from Texas and bringing him back to Gainesville.

Pretty good coaching staff already, and Im not even sure who the DC is.

Best football is played in the SEC!

Personally, I think Weiss is a ham, and loved being the HC at Notre Dame. He loved to hear himself talk. As an OC in the NFL, he wasn't going to get that opportunity...he is making what seems like a lateral move, IMO, because he figures he is more likely to get a HC job at the college level, again, than in the NFL.

actually the uncertainty of the NFL season next year and what it has in store for assistant coaches had a lot to do with it as well from what i read over the weekend

i do agree though that he wants to be a college head coach again and this takes him one step closer to that

actually the uncertainty of the NFL season next year and what it has in store for assistant coaches had a lot to do with it as well from what i read over the weekend

i do agree though that he wants to be a college head coach again and this takes him one step closer to that

agree and agree.

And personally, if I was a coach, College ball is the place I'd rather be.