This draft is full of trade-down scenarios

I was thinking the same thing. Champ Bailey is expected to leave, creating a huge hole at corner for Broncos, Houston needs a corner bad. With the QBs, its going to be which teams like which QBs, but theres plenty of teams desperate for a QB like the Cards, Skins, I think the Jags have had enough of Garrard, the Vikes, Bengals maybe thinking past Palmer, do the 49ers want another year of the Smiths, the Dolphins can't like what they see in Henne. I think in this years draft there are plenty of dancing partners for a trade down.

i cannot seriously believe that anyone would even bring up passing on Luck.

thank God Nix is not an idiot because there is no way in hell he would ever pass on the best QB prospect to come out in 10 years.

i cannot seriously believe that anyone would even bring up passing on Luck.

thank God Nix is not an idiot because there is no way in hell he would ever pass on the best QB prospect to come out in 10 years.

My fear is that there is a "best QB in years" every year. Leinert, Clausen, Russell, Alex Smith, Brady Quinn, etc. Plus we play in a division where a young QB would get eaten alive if he can't read defenses and make adjustments instantly. So there will be a long learning curve.

PTR

I'd personally be ok with trading down even if Luck was there. We could have a very Ricky Williams type draft with some team giving us all or many early draft picks for the opportunity at Lucks services. Don't get me wrong here, I think Luck is going to be the next great QB, but we could fullfill many needs with starting caliber players with an extra 2nd, 3rd, 4th(that would be 3 in the 4th) along with a lower 1st. We could still end up with a good QB in Newton or Mallett and potentially a starting OT or DT, DE.

At the same time, anyone in the 4-10 spots would kill for Luck and they know Buffalo is in need of a franchise QB and woul just jump us in the trade an offer the same to Carolina or even Denver. Both will have new coach's and would either love a new franchise QB or a ton of pics to rebuild. We might be screwed either way. :-(

Edited by mrags

My fear is that there is a "best QB in years" every year. Leinert, Clausen, Russell, Alex Smith, Brady Quinn, etc. Plus we play in a division where a young QB would get eaten alive if he can't read defenses and make adjustments instantly. So there will be a long learning curve.

PTR

No one was saying any of those QBs were "best in years" at the time of the draft. Even with Bradford last year, while he was the consensus number one player and QB, no one was calling him the next Peyton Manning or John Elway.

The Luck hype machine is putting him in Elway/Manning territory. If he's there at #3 take him.

No one was saying any of those QBs were "best in years" at the time of the draft. Even with Bradford last year, while he was the consensus number one player and QB, no one was calling him the next Peyton Manning or John Elway.

The Luck hype machine is putting him in Elway/Manning territory. If he's there at #3 take him.

Russel was declared god's gift to the NFL by the draftniks. Which doesn't mean Luck won't be great. The odds are better than 50/50 he'll be pretty good. Will he be Tom Brady/Peyton Manning level?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Of course Seattle is going to win the Superbowl since we have that pick from the ML trade.

I want to see a draft that considers Luck staying in college. Every draft I see assumes he's coming out.