tcu defense

nuklz2594

I hope you are right, I just put 20.00 on the under at 56.5 points. I don't really know too much about these teams so just a little bet to make it more interesting

Shows how much I know. A 4-2-5 defense against the very good run game that the Badgers have doesn't sound like I made a great bet. Although a good running game might eat the clock thus keeping the under in play. See, that is how you rationalize.

Edited by agardin

The 425 defense consists of 4 down lineman, 2 linebackers, 2 corners and 3 safeties. One of these safeties is called the "Bandit" and is used more like a linebacker to blitz and attack the ball carrier. The idea behind this defense and its cousin 335 (used by WVU) is to put more speed on the field to counter the spread option offense. A power running game is very dangerous against this type of defense because it typically lacks the size and strength to shut it down between the tackles. These defenses are becoming more popular in college due to the success and rampant use of the spread option. However, at the NFL level where players are bigger and stronger the lack of size on the field would put the defense at a distinct disadvantage.

Watch Wayne Daniels for TCU as a possible Bills pick in the 3rd or 4th round, team captain and makes some big plays.

Thanks! Who else are we looking for in this game? Anyone know? Astro?

Watch Wayne Daniels for TCU as a possible Bills pick in the 3rd or 4th round, team captain and makes some big plays.

TCU Defensive End…#96.

Per Astro in the Shout Box:

My TCU-Wisc Draft: would be Carimi OT, Kirkpatrick OC, Tank Carder ILB, Wayne Daniels OLB, and Kerley speedy WR

At this point, They will be there in that round 1-2-3-4-5

And it's contrived b/c I'd go D in RD2 if I took Carimi, but there isn't one in the upcoming game

Per Astro in the Shout Box:

My TCU-Wisc Draft: would be Carimi OT, Kirkpatrick OC, Tank Carder ILB, Wayne Daniels OLB, and Kerley speedy WR

At this point, They will be there in that round 1-2-3-4-5

And it's contrived b/c I'd go D in RD2 if I took Carimi, but there isn't one in the upcoming game

Thanks again, Doc!

Yeah, there's been tons of talk about Carimi in the last few weeks and as an OT he'll be easy to keep an eye on. Looking forward to seeing him play.

TCU Dkpatrickefensive End…#96.

TCU

RD1: Marcus Cannon OG/RT #61

RD2: Jake Kirkpatrick OC #76

RD3: Tank Carder ILB #43 Junior

RD3: Andy Dalton QB #14

RD4 Wayne Daniels OLB34 #96

RD5 Jeremy Kerley speedy WR #85

RD5 Colin Jones SS #28

Wisconsin

RD1: Gabe Carimi LT Wisconsin #68

RD1: JJ Watt DE34 #99

Edited by Astrobot

Updated:

TCU

RD5 Colin Jones SS #28

Wisconsin

RD4: Nick Toon WR #1 Junior

we have used a 4-2 nickle more than any other defense this year, most 4 man front teams do. With the multi receiver formations every team is using these days people spend more time in the nickle than their base D. The NFL is a changing

Updated:

TCU

RD5 Colin Jones SS #28

Wisconsin

RD4: Nick Toon WR #1 Junior

Any chance Carimi or Cannon fall to our second rounder. We could use some big mean dudes.

It will be interesting to see how the "small, fast" TCU D holds up against the big, nasty wrecking crew that is Wisconsin's line.

Pretty well, apparently.

Congratulations to the National Champion TCU Horned Frogs.

Is that Al Toon's kid playing WR for Wisconsin?

Yep!!

Pretty well, apparently.

Congratulations to the National Champion TCU Horned Frogs.

Thank you for recognizing the GOOD team of my area!!! IF only the National Championship game could end in a tie!!