CNN's Best And Worst Movies For 2010

Dante

Have to agree with most of the ones I saw.

5."127 Hours". Great Job by director Boyle making a potentially boring story compelling. Quirky sense of humor as well.

9."Let Me In". Worthy redo of "Let The Right One In" which is one of my favorite movies from the last 10 years or so.

2."True Grit". Coen bros, Matt Damon and Bridges. What else can you say? Well, that girl Hailee Steinfield should get some Oscar recognition. Again the Coens attention to detail took it to higher level. Period dialog was great and they really did manage a extremely gritty feel to the picture to live up to the films namesake.

10."Exit Through The Gift Shop" Pretty obscure but it really was interesting. True story about a guy who wants to do a documentary on street artists and gets sucked into doing it himself. Just watched this the other day

"Shutter Island" to me anyway, was good but not great. Probably didn't help that they gave up the ending in the fuggin trailer!! :wallbash:

How did they leave "The Fighter" out of the top 10? Quality flick all around and Bale is another that should get serious Oscar consideration

The only one of the worst I was watched was "Grown Ups" Couldn't agree more. Truly unbearable. Puzzling that with so many film vets and supposed comic kingpins involved, none of them or their agents could recognize a awful script. Still, the pos made a ton of cash. Go figure. The other bad movies listed I had the good sense to spot them ahead of time.

Edited by Dante

CNN List

I am shocked Winter's Bone made the list ... most of the movie was wasted in the trailer. I have to agree that Bounty Hunter was plain awful ... fortunately I rented it so I did not have to feel guilty about walking out of the theater.

I agree with Dante that Fighter should have made the list. It is an excellent movie. My wife even liked it after dreading going because it was a "boxing movie." I picked as we alternate. She had picked Black Swan just prior. She loved it .. I hated it.

I am actually also shocked ther is no mention of the "The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest." I know it was not an American film but excellent movie IMO.

Added: Shutter Island sucked as far as I am concerned. I am also shocked that Inception received no mention - the story and special effects were :thumbsup: .

I agree with is list for the most part, but putting The Expendables on his 5 worst list is a chick move. This guy is a pansy ass little girl. Stallone, Crews, Statham, Lundgren, Li, and co could sit around holding hands and singing campfire songs, and I'd watch it and like it.

CNN List

I agree with Dante that Fighter should have made the list. It is an excellent movie. My wife even liked it after dreading going because it was a "boxing movie." I picked as we alternate. She had picked Black Swan just prior. She loved it .. I hated it.

Thought Black Swan was going to be better. Not sure if I would put it the awful category but pretty lame non the less. I was looking forward to two hot ballerinas duking it out but (SPOILER ALERT if you care)...

....turns out one of the chicks was just crazy and imagining it all. Best thing about it was the lesbo scene.

Edited by Dante