Harrison has one fine reduced

Beerball

Meh, go ahead and just wipe it out. I'm a Fitz fan/Bills fan and it wasn't that bad. I can't complain about the ridiculousness of this **** and then cry when Fitz gets a little contact. This is football. Good luck Harrison. I actually appreciate the way he plays.

All the news I hear from former players and doctors is that the risks of permanent damage from concussions is real, yet the NFL backs off one of the most notorious helmet to helmet hitters in the league.

He's a tough SOB, and I wouldn't mind having him on my team, but he is the current poster-child for spearing and leading with your helmet. Bit of a mixed message by the league that will just lead to more confusion in the end.

I have mixed feelings myself. My son plays the game and there's nothing I enjoy more than watching him put a good lick on an opposing player, but the wife sends me all the articles on the health hazards and I tell her that every game has hazards... A big part of what I enjoy about the game is the big hits and though helmet to helmet hits may be reduced, plenty of players bounce their heads off the turf every game and have been doing that for a long time.

The best thing they can do without killing the game altogether and dressing the players in bubblewrap is to continue to work on: improving the equipment, better training on how to customize and fit helmets properly (usually just handed out by assistants not the team medical staff), and improve the process for early screening for even mild concussions so that players can be forced to take the necessary time needed to heal, and they need to improve the tests to determine when a player is actually ready to return and is "symptom free".

There are mixed opinions of the base line tests they use in Hockey now, I guess we will just have to hope that medical science catches up with our game. I remember that during the Pominville concussion drama one dummy, I forget the player's name said that the "smart thing" to do was to purposefully do poorly on the baseline test so later if your brain is jacked up you can still pass - wow.