[please fix subject]Whose stupid idea...

Red

Whose stupid idea was it to move the Pro Bowl to the week before the Super Bowl?

The whole purpose of the Pro Bowl is to exhibit the best at the respective position in a game environment. Now, we all know that the Pro Bowl is a joke, as players are not really playing to win the game. It is more of an honor to be invited, and helpful for team bragging rights and for contract demands.

Is this some idiotic attempt to somehow make the game relevant?

The irony here is that the best (read: most talented) teams usually are in the playoffs at the end of the year. Not only that, but that talent also translates into being selected to play in the Pro Bowl. Now, if the best players are in the playoffs, and make the Super Bowl, which is more important: playing in the Pro Bowl and risking injury prior to playing in the game of all games, or skipping the Pro Bowl to be healthy and focused for what really matters: winning the Super Bowl?

I thought that last year was an aberration. I can't believe the the NFL is repeating this stupidity.

Besides, I actually used to watch the Pro Bowl BECAUSE I knew real football was over and this would be the last chance to see the best players the NFL has to offer for a solid 6 months+.

Whose stupid idea was it to move the Pro Bowl to the week before the Super Bowl?

The whole purpose of the Pro Bowl is to exhibit the best at the respective position in a game environment. Now, we all know that the Pro Bowl is a joke, as players are not really playing to win the game. It is more of an honor to be invited, and helpful for team bragging rights and for contract demands.

Is this some idiotic attempt to somehow make the game relevant?

The irony here is that the best (read: most talented) teams usually are in the playoffs at the end of the year. Not only that, but that talent also translates into being selected to play in the Pro Bowl. Now, if the best players are in the playoffs, and make the Super Bowl, which is more important: playing in the Pro Bowl and risking injury prior to playing in the game of all games, or skipping the Pro Bowl to be healthy and focused for what really matters: winning the Super Bowl?

I thought that last year was an aberration. I can't believe the the NFL is repeating this stupidity.

Besides, I actually used to watch the Pro Bowl BECAUSE I knew real football was over and this would be the last chance to see the best players the NFL has to offer for a solid 6 months+.

Are you serious? I didn't hear about that. How stupid! What about players who made the pro-bowl, but are going to play in the Superbowl? L A M E ! ! !

i think you brought a point up unknowingly that most people dont realize and is a good thing that we dont have any pro bowlers. Contract negotiations. If they have the leverage of a pro bowl they can easily increase there dollar amounts and therefore get better contracts. Although williams is locked up, he wont have the leverage to hold out.