The Bills will go nowhere

Cadidliac

Just thinking of all the players that the Bills let leave for whatever reason. Pat Williams; Winfield; Spikes; Clements; Molds; etc.; etc! How can this organization expect the young players to get mentored. The Bills Orginization is just not committed to winning. Every player who becomes of any worth ends up with another organization. Now this Organization has purged itself of every player that was a leader and/or a game changer. Who is left on this roster to lead this young team and teach these young players how to be leaders? It just irks me because this team could have all the pieces now. What hope is there that anything will change???

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thinking of all the players that the Bills let leave for whatever reason. Pat Williams; Winfield; Spikes; Clements; Molds; etc.; etc! How can this organization expect the young players to get mentored. The Bills Orginization is just not committed to winning. Every player who becomes of any worth ends up with another organization. Now this Organization has purged itself of every player that was a leader and/or a game changer. Who is left on this roster to lead this young team and teach these young players how to be leaders? It just irks me because this team could have all the pieces now. What hope is there that anything will change???

Watching Winfield and Williams for the Vikes hurts, Clements not so much. As for the Bills leaders, I think that Fred Jackson is a great leader not sure about any others. I don't believe the Bills have an attitude problem, I do believe it is about overall talent level and experience. I guess that is to be expected when you are about to enter year 11 of a rebuilding program.

Edited by agardin

Now all us Bills fans can do is hope the Bills keep Jackson and build off Him. As far as the players I mentioned, Pat Williams has not missed a game and is still a beast at 37. Winfield is a game changer also. He just had sick money thrown at him and ran. I believe he was worth it though. Ths Vikings, in my opinion, should have made the Bowl last year. All those turnovers??

I agree that in order to build the team certain players at the top of your rooster must be kept. They may not be pro bowl but you cannot rebuild the entire rooster each year.

example....Poz may not be the best LB in the AFC but we cannot fill that position and Dline and outside LB at the same time.

However, as long as Overdorf controls the contracts and makes these type of personnel decisions we will NEVER build a team past a 5 or 6 win team...always in a learning mode for the first 8 games.

Overdorf is the problem ans cancer in the front office. IMHO :wallbash:

Stop crying, we never had all the pieces. Ever. The empty Super Bowl trophy case is proof of that.

Poz may not be the best LB in the AFC but we cannot fill that position and Dline and outside LB at the same time.

I can assure you Poz is definitely no the best LB in the AFC. So what if we lose Poz. Will that decision make us 33rd in the NFL vs. the run? There might be only 3 or 4 players worth keeping on this defense at the most. In fact, the only sure fire players on this team are Williams (but not at NT), Wood, Levitre, and Evans.

I can assure you Poz is definitely no the best LB in the AFC. So what if we lose Poz. Will that decision make us 33rd in the NFL vs. the run? There might be only 3 or 4 players worth keeping on this defense at the most. In fact, the only sure fire players on this team are Williams (but not at NT), Wood, Levitre, and Evans.

The problem is you are creating more holes to fill when there are already plenty of holes. That's what's been going on for years at One Bills Drive. We let Poz go and people will be complaining next year because we are weak at ILB and didn't have the draft picks to replace Poz. Remember we need another ILB for the defense...are we going to find two ILBs in the same offseason?

Donte Whitner, is that you?

As long as the cryptkeeper owns the team and makes a profit, we will continue to send our talented players to other teams and become the minor league of the NFl

+1 . this is the bottom line. I believe all NFL owners want to make a profit obviously, but it is just harder with the Bills, as they generate relatively small revenue from ticket sales, stadium suites, advertising and merchandise. Buffalo is more suited to minor league franchises as a rule. Have low costs of operation is important with the Bills. Personally, I believe Ralph should loosen up the pocketbook and have one last go of it before he dies, but that is just me.

Wait until Kyle William's rookie contract is up or watch Shawne Merriman sign somewhere else. Just watch. It will keep happening....The bills are a team of draft choices and 2nd tier free agents.

Ralph is going to love 2011. he plays in dallas and New york i believe and gets HALF the gate for those games. Ralph is in a great spot. You can see why the other owners don't really like him. They give half the gate from their $100/ticket stadiums and Ralph gives them back half of that when they play the RWS poorhouse.

But if they let key players go, then they'll lose more games and get higher draft picks, allowing them to draft even keyer players, until they eventually win...which will suck because then they'll get lower draft picks and not be able to get any more key players.

So clearly, the key to success is letting your key players go. Let's start with Donte Whitner.

But if they let key players go, then they'll lose more games and get higher draft picks, allowing them to draft even keyer players, until they eventually win...which will suck because then they'll get lower draft picks and not be able to get any more key players.

So clearly, the key to success is letting your key players go. Let's start with Donte Whitner.

That hasn't worked for this team over the last decade. Not sure of this statement because most impact players do not go high in the draft. A lot of them do; but not most. The Bills did just fine from like '87-'94 or so and they were a winning team. This team should be back at that level by now seeing all the top 10 picks they have had. So, i'm not sure your reasoning is or has worked with this team. The real good organizations find those impact players out of the first round and so on. Take the guy Woodhead that the Pats picked up. The five foot seven RB that scored the winning TD last sunday against the Bills. That guy was let go by the Jets and is an impact player so far for the Pats. A team must be good on all sides of the ball (Drafting, F.A., etc.) in order to become and stay good. That guy has sick speed and is only a buck something. Any team could have picked up this guy. The Pats did. Evaluating tallent and knowing tallent the Bills org. does lack very badly.

Edited by Cadidliac

The problem is you are creating more holes to fill when there are already plenty of holes.

Poz is a "hole". You can count the plays he's made behind the line of scrimmage in his Bills career on one hand. He's not very physical, instinctive, or emmotional. Not at all what one would expect as a quarterback of the defense. You want to get better, lose guys like Poz. When you think of inside linebackers, think of guys like Carlos Dansby, Bart Scott, Teddy Bruschi, Ray Lewis... those types. Guys that want to knock the crap out of their opponent, disrupt, and leave a footprint. If those guys are 9s and 10s, Poz is a 3. Why do you want the Bills to bother with that kind of player? He may be great for the community (so make him exec. dir of the local United Way), but not as your starting linebacker.