Extreme Couponing on TLC

Just Jack

We have a friend who's like this. She actually goes to some stores, and ends up getting PAID after she uses all of her coupons. It takes an incredible amount of time.

Which is how stupid some of these people are. Sure she got paid but for how much time spent. Have her figure it out and tell her what her hourly rate is. The saying time is money is very true. We say retirement is the wealth of time.

Which is how stupid some of these people are. Sure she got paid but for how much time spent. Have her figure it out and tell her what her hourly rate is. The saying time is money is very true. We say retirement is the wealth of time.

My wife goes to stores and uses coupons, and mixed with some rebates she actually makes money on the venture. She doesn't spend a lot of time researching the stuff. For example, she got a Foodsaver for $26, when the normal price is $80. It isn't THAT hard to do, and it doesn't take long to do it.

The show was a "hoarders" show thats focus was on the extreme cases of coupon clipping. One person dumpster dived for coupons.

Coupons are a very smart, and easy way to save money.

Edited by Kevin

The show was a "hoarders" show thats focus was on the extreme cases of coupon clipping.

Kinda my thought too, that we'll see these same people on "Hoarders" in a couple of years. If you already have enough deodorant to last 150 years, do you need several hundred more?

Ah yes, the full time hobby of consumerism. Nothing more satisfying on earth than saving six bits on a thousand rolls of toilet paper.

Ok all you guys. If you ever had this conversation with your wife raise your hand:

You: What did you buy this for?

Wife: I had a coupon?

You: :doh:

Wife: :death: