Count how many times.....

Simon

Cut them. All of them. Blue water runs out WAY too early. Can't ever win a Super Bowl without plenty of blue water. Dead weight. Gone.

157256[/snapback]

Man, where were you when I was going through my divorce? I could have just hired you instead of a lawyer :(

Man, where were you when I was going through my divorce? I could have just hired you instead of a lawyer :(

157268[/snapback]

Lawyers? What did Milloy give us today? Cut him. Dead weight. Gone. You see what Moulds dropped today? Trade him for a third round. Gone.

Not for nothing, but Willis needs to carry the ball in his outside arm when he runs to the left.  He loses that awesome stiff arm and gives the ball to the opposition when he carries it in the right.

157286[/snapback]

Cut him. Gone. Lucky to get a bag of balls and some used practice bats. Take Billy Buffalo with you.

I don't know who he hit, didn't catch the number, but that one stiff arm was awesome. The other guy went ass end over tea kettle off a stiff arm. Good as a block, if not better. They may be the Browns, but they are pro football players. I personally wouldn't want to be hit by any of them.

That kid has some upper body strength.

Cut him. Gone. Lucky to get a bag of balls and some used practice bats. Take Billy Buffalo with you.

I don't know who he hit, didn't catch the number, but that one stiff arm was awesome. The other guy went ass end over tea kettle off a stiff arm. Good as a block, if not better. They may be the Browns, but they are pro football players. I personally wouldn't want to be hit by any of them.

That kid has some upper body strength.

157304[/snapback]

I like the way it's more of a punch than anything. It's really quite something.

(psssst! I was being facetious)

doh! :)

Not for nothing, but Willis needs to carry the ball in his outside arm when he runs to the left. He loses that awesome stiff arm and gives the ball to the opposition when he carries it in the right.

Yeah, he doesn't seem to like to put it in his left. I like the fact that he puts it away and keeps it there, but you're right, it would be nice to see him start with it on the left side when the play is going left. Maybe he fumbles in practice when he carrries with hsi left and he's being coached to put it on the right and kep it there?

I've noticed Bettis also keeps the ball on one side and he rarely fumbles as well. I wonder if this is something that Mularkey/Clements coaches. I also wonder if Willis' right-handed stiffarm would even be as effective as his left, in the same way a right-handed fighter would have a weak jab with his right hand.

Who knows?

A RB needs to make sure he has a handle before he gets too far ahead of himself reading blocks or the D.  Ideally, as Simon said, the ball should hit the RB in the basket.  Practically, this is a professional RB who should be able to adjust and take a clean handoff - even if it's a little high - as long as the QB puts the ball in front of him.  WM needs to make the adjustment to take the handoff - it's on Willis.

157249[/snapback]

Personally, I thought, form the looks of it, that Willis wasn't even expecting a handoff. He didn't seem to have his arms in the basket position to accept it and maybe he thought that the play was designed elsewhere. Just my opinion on it.

Regardless of whose fault it was, the was miscommunication there, which does happen from time to time. It happened, it's in the past, lets let it go. If not, cut everyone then!!

Things are not always black and white in the world, nor do they have to be. It looked to me like the handoff from Bledsoe was high but could be handled, partly the fault of Bledsoe, who didn't make the easy play but it was a play that could be made by the back. It also looked to me that Willis wasn't expecting the ball high but had his hands on it and could have and probably should have controlled it but didn't. Partly the fault of Willis, and probably about 50-50.

On at least two passes, Moulds had separation. Bledsoe had time and threw. It was cold and snowing or raining and the wind was blowing and the ball was wet. The pass was slightly behind Moulds and hit him in the hands. Partly the fault of Bledsoe for missing an open receiver but it could have and probably should have been caught. Moulds was wide open and the pass wasn't long but it was behind him, usually a fairly difficult catch, but he had two hands on the ball clearly and dropped it. He probably catches that ball 8 or 9 out of 10 times, so partly the fault of Moulds. Looked to me that there was equal blame on all three of those plays (two passes to Moulds and the fumbled handoff).

Things don't have to be one or the other. This doesn't fit into "if you HAD to choose" question. You don't have to choose. Both players did something a little wrong at virtually the same time. They both could have made the play but didnt.