Ohio couple suing Bengals due to drunk fans

major

The league doesn't make money off beer sales.

Maybe - I'm assuming sales of Donte Whitner jerseys at the Ralph are directly correlated to sales of beer. There's just no other explanation... :D

I'm with the poster that's disappointed by the couples need to sue anyone they think might be able to get them a payday. This seems like a problem with the two drunken fans, not the Bengals. If anything the Bengals would only screw up serving the beer!

Also, Oakley doesn't even make $700 - BUSTED!

Good point. The case agaisnt the stadium turns on the claim of serving alcohol to noticably drunk fans. This is impossible to prove. No witness to the "Does" beer purchases likely exists. Also, as Zulu points out, they lose all credibility with the sunglasses claim. No Bengals fans owns a $700 pair of Oakleys.

This would be a calamatous precedent if they win this suit.

Seriously? Any vendor selling alcohol is trained to observe signs of intoxication. It is their responsibility to stop sales to anyone who is showing signs of intoxication. As for the sunglasses all the people would need to do is show a receipt or ascertaining the retail value of them would not be difficult. If they can afford two tickets to an NFL game they likely can afford $700 sunglasses.

Good point. The case agaisnt the stadium turns on the claim of serving alcohol to noticably drunk fans. This is impossible to prove. No witness to the "Does" beer purchases likely exists. Also, as Zulu points out, they lose all credibility with the sunglasses claim. No Bengals fans owns a $700 pair of Oakleys.

This would be a calamatous precedent if they win this suit.

Soemtimes that can be proven by bac level. Based on height and weight, experts can extrapolate back to what the bac level would have been at the time of purchase. A jury can infer that a person must have exhibited clear signs of intoxication at the time they were served additional alcohol based on the likely bac level at the time...or so I've heard.

Soemtimes that can be proven by bac level. Based on height and weight, experts can extrapolate back to what the bac level would have been at the time of purchase. A jury can infer that a person must have exhibited clear signs of intoxication at the time they were served additional alcohol based on the likely bac level at the time...or so I've heard.

if there was some way to know how many beers theyve had, how would you in this case.

It doesnt sound like this couple made a complaint to security. If they were so noticeably drunk etc why didnt you complain? they knew this was going on but did nothing.

Another classic example of a scumbag attorney going after deeper pockets. No mention of suing the responsible drunk fans who probably are blue collar guys. But plently of potential dollar signs from the Bengals. I hope a Jacob Marley-type fate awaits attorneys like this a-hole.

Another classic example of a scumbag attorney going after deeper pockets. No mention of suing the responsible drunk fans who probably are blue collar guys. But plently of potential dollar signs from the Bengals. I hope a Jacob Marley-type fate awaits attorneys like this a-hole.

Actually, the article does say they are suing the fans too.

The couple also are suing the fans, identified only as John Doe and John Doe II. The lawsuit accuses them of battery.

Unless they were very (clearly) intoxicated, I don't blame the beer vendor. Unless the plaintiffs called the "Jerk" line more than 15 minutes ahead of the incident, I don't blame the stadium. The fans, however, need to be responsible for their behavior and any damage they cause.

So being a "blue collar guy" gives you the right to act without regard to consequences? I'll acknowledge to having had my fair share of drunken days in my youth but being in that state does not excuse the behavior I demonstrated. The bottom line is that getting so drunk that you can't stand up or walk properly is not responsible behavior and the guys who did it should be accountable for the results of their actions.