Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" soon to be film/tv series

PromoTheRobot

Not one of my favorites by King but could be one of those few books that are better as movies.

I don't know, I don't see it. I think an actual TV series would work better....make it a long term project.

Be interesting to see if they change the ending.

I could see it happening, but really without that ending they'd be changing the whole point of the books. Bad idea, IMO.

I have been reading the series for years. I will pick it up and read it nonstop for a month or so then put it off for a while.

With all the Harry Potter and LOTR crap it is about time they do this.

J. R. R. Tolkien was 10x a better writer than King. I sure can't see him sticking 50 pages in one of his books describing the time he was run over by a Plymouth.

With all the Harry Potter and LOTR crap it is about time they do this.

The Harry Potter series was a great series of books. It sparked interest in a book the likes of which I haven't seen in my lifetime.

LOTR is one of the greatest works of Literature ever.

Both are almost guaranteed to be on any list of top novels.

The Harry Potter series was a great series of books. It sparked interest in a book the likes of which I haven't seen in my lifetime.

LOTR is one of the greatest works of Literature ever.

Both are almost guaranteed to be on any list of top novels.

Both of those series also had excellent transitions to film. That's not a comment on how good the books an movies were, only pointing out that the movie adaptations were right on the money. Not the case for most books, though with the names mentioned in article, I have hope for this as well. Probably a much greater chance of complete failure though.

With Ron Howard directing, I'm hopeful. Most King books-into-movies have been mediocre at best. I hope Ron picks someone good for Roland, not some Hollywood face. Josh Brolin, maybe?

"The Shawshank Redemption," "Stand By Me" (King's "Different Seasons" novella collection iirc is going to be 4 for 4 in movie development. Not bad.) and "The Green Mile" were all superb.

It takes a director who's good at adaptation, and they got one if it is Ron Howard. He did a great job with the Robert Langdon movies and "The Grinch...."

"The Shawshank Redemption," "Stand By Me" (King's "Different Seasons" novella collection iirc is going to be 4 for 4 in movie development. Not bad.) and "The Green Mile" were all superb.

It takes a director who's good at adaptation, and they got one if it is Ron Howard. He did a great job with the Robert Langdon movies and "The Grinch...."

Very good points.