How on earth is our passing "D" 4th in the NFL??

Lenigmusx

This is a perfect example of how worthless these rankings are. For example, Brady only passed for 140 yards against the Bills on Sunday, which (by this silly passing yards allowed stat) would indicate a good game for the pass defense. Anyone think that the pass defense had a good game?

I found the more telling stat. Opposing QB's are rated 92.5 that is the sixth highest in the NFL. That is closer to how I have felt about the pass "D" this year.

I found the more telling stat. Opposing QB's are rated 92.5 that is the sixth highest in the NFL. That is closer to how I have felt about the pass "D" this year.

This is how pass defensive rankings should be rated.

they dont need to pass on us when they can run for 200+ yards a game :wallbash:

If my memory is correct I believe that the Pats had 3 players with over 100yrds rushing against the Bills on Sunday.At least 2 and the other had over 90yrds. Something like that.

Edited by Cadidliac

they dont need to pass on us when they can run for 200+ yards a game :wallbash:

Actually, it could be worse. I recall in the 70's, when Miami had the great Czonka/Morris running teams...the Fish came into the Ralph (called something else then) Miami (Bob Griese) only threw 6 passes all day. And the Bills were killed. Today, at least, we do force them to throw some.....so I have seen worse...and we are not quite that bad yet. But wait, there is always next year......