I understand teams run propaganda machines

sullim4

Ya need to lighten up, buddy. Its a football game.

And Jim Kelly and Dan Marino were sitting home watching Trent Dilfer get a ring.

Relativity.

If all you want is perfect stats, go play Madden.

Madden is a ****ty game, unfortunately.

I don't think anyone was cheering Trent Dilfer as a hero, but rather the defense of that SB winning team.

As far as lightening up, only a game...

What happens if/when the Bills leave Buffalo? How will that effect the city?

Madden is a ****ty game, unfortunately.

I don't think anyone was cheering Trent Dilfer as a hero, but rather the defense of that SB winning team.

As far as lightening up, only a game...

What happens if/when the Bills leave Buffalo? How will that effect the city?

It will force the people of Western New York to focus on the issues that have plagued the area for decades and have been ignored, instead of wasting their time worrying about a football team?

we need a Franchise QB,

OK.

I Think Luck,

Got the #1 pick? The Bills don't. Can you guarantee he'll come out? I can't.

Mallett

Probably the most intriguing name to me, but mobility is a major question and he'll no doubt have growing pains. Is the team, and more importantly, are the fans, ready for that?

and Newton are all capable of filling the roll.

One-year wonders scare me. I hate to think we'll be getting a guy who hasn't had to face an offseason of defenses adjusting to him, and I further hate the way the guy has conducted himself prior to this year. The laptop incident etc may not mean much to others, but if we've got another guy like Vick who coasts on talent in his early years, comes in with a big head and a bigger contract, and thinks the world oughta be handed to him, it would sink this franchise further. You don't pick Newton unless you're 100% sure of the makeup, and I really would hesitate to pick him unless I really had a quality team in place around him a la Roethlisberger.

Regardless, I see none of these guys, save for Luck (whom I think we have the worst chance of getting) coming in and starting on day one. So, you've got another #1 pick made "for the future" when there are way too many "NOW" needs. The team needs talent that will see the field almost immediately. "Upside" picks have been killing this franchise for a decade. Fitz is top-20 quality and you're not getting that kind of play from a rookie. Let's stock the cabinet before trying to make a good meal.

I have no problem with them announcing it over the PA at the time the player passes the milestone. This is not some evil plot by Brandon. ALL teams do this. Winning or losing. Good or bad. When a player passes a major milestone, you acknowledge it.

I DO have a problem with Stevie posting a link to the article about his 1000 yards on his Facebook yesterday, so all of his family and friends can tell him how great he is, the day after getting mud-stomped by our (current) fiercest division rival.

That seems as petty as the PA announcer complaint. Damn him for being proud of his first 1,000 yard season, and wanting to let his friends/family know about it!

Seriously though, everyone needs recognition for a job well done with their hard work, and people need it from different places. If he wants that recognition from his facebook fans, so be it. He deserves it. He's put in hard work, tried hard, and achieved something that no one did on the Bills last year. There's no reason why he shouldn't be allowed to celebrate that.