David Nelson's injury devasted the red zone offense

Lenigmusx

David Nelson has become Fitz's go to guy in the red zone. As soon as he went down it seem the red zone game plan went out the window. I think at least one turnover the Fitz fumble could be directly attributed to not having his red zone target. Fitz just seemed to be trying to force things I think Nelson would have made a difference.

Edited by Lenigmusx

I really like David Nelson but his injury demonstrates why you need a real Tight End. You can't keep throwing the ball up high over the middle to a big slim tall guy like that and exposing his ribs to the kind of safeties and LB's that are in the league now. It's just asking for injury.

I'm pretty sure the far superior Patriots vs. the far inferior Bills is what devastated their red zone defense.

Let's not candy coat this Bills team. They suck dreadfully. They are on the cusp of being the 2nd worst team in the NFL. It all depends on how next weekend shakes out.

I'm pretty sure the far superior Patriots vs. the far inferior Bills is what devastated their red zone defense.

Let's not candy coat this Bills team. They suck dreadfully. They are on the cusp of being the 2nd worst team in the NFL. It all depends on how next weekend shakes out.

Ten years of pathetic drafting will get you here ... sadly I'm not sure Nix's first draft is much better.

So you are saying that injuries played no part in the receiving corps difficulties yesterday? I am not remotely Insinuating that the Bills are a good team this year. I am however pointing out that Fitz's improved Quaterback play was clearly hampered by the loss of David Nelson. David Nelson has been "Money" in the red zone this is undeniable. This year was in the bag before it started and is about growth and learning if you want to comment about what David Nelson's injury did or did not do yesterday fine but there is no need to bring your doom and gloom here. I know what this team is just like every other Bills fan who never misses a snap. They are a work in progress the core of young player is more solid than it has been for sometime. Let's hope that this offseason brings more progress.

Edited by Lenigmusx

...or the 11th worst...or if you prefer 21st best.

But I get it. Calling the Bills 2nd worst feeds that need to piss on our team.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I really like David Nelson but his injury demonstrates why you need a real Tight End. You can't keep throwing the ball up high over the middle to a big slim tall guy like that and exposing his ribs to the kind of safeties and LB's that are in the league now. It's just asking for injury.

I think his injury was actually a neck injury caused by Mayo grabbing his face mask and throwing him to the ground. That was missed since the main replay didnt show that.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

There are at least 10 teams I wouldn't trade them for. No they aren't great right now - but the team that just beat the 7-6 Fish in Miami in a game Miami needed is not anywhere close to the bottom of the league. Getting whipped by the league's top team after two players commit 7 turnovers does not take away beating the Fish, Lions, Browns, and Bengals - with only the Lions being in more promising condition. AND - If Steve Johnson catches that ONE pass against the Steelers? If Lindell hits that FG against the Chiefs? If the refs call a fair game against the Ravens on that ridiculous "fumble"?

C'mon. No way would we want to trade places with the Browns, Bengals, Redskins, Seahawks, Cardinals, or Panthers (I assume your #1 choice). I'd add to my own (more debatable) list: Denver, San Francisco, Minnesota (yeah - they beat us up - and they are 100 years old on average - they have no future and only 5 wins), Miami, and maybe Dallas.

I think his injury was actually a neck injury caused by Mayo grabbing his face mask and throwing him to the ground.   That was missed since the main replay didnt show that.

that's what happens when your LB is close enough to the receiver to make the tackle