US Hockey Team Wins in OT...

Spun

Our boys did us proud last night beating Finland 3-2 in OT. The US looked shaky and stiff as did all the teams in the three games that I saw at HSBC.

There were a lot of empty seats for the US game but the Canada-Russia game was packed with rowdy, ravenous Canadians. And there were still a lot of Canadians in the building for the US game many of who were rooting for Finland.

Let the first paragraph make you proud. Let the second paragraph piss you off. There is a very unique international event going on in Buffalo and the US team could use your support by getting your bodies in the building. I know Sunday was the last Bills home game and money is tight for many. But if you can find the urge and the cash, please attend the next US game this Tuesday against Slovakia at 8:00 pm. Our guys could use a boost!

Sabres draftees did well for Canada with Marcus Foligno scoring a goal and Zack Kassian adding an assist.

Good game. Not surprising the Fins gave the US all they could handle. All Suomi teams are hard nosed. States seemed to get more aggressive as the game went on and looked really quick. I like their counter attack kinda style.

I completely agree with the second part of the post. I have to say I felt for the US team yesterday. Watching theh game it looked like half the fans had Canadian jerseys on and it seemed like a lot of them were cheering for Finland! WTF! C'mon guys you can't let that happen in your own building! Being from Canada I'm still cheering for the canuck squad but still like to see you guys do well.