Moorman

The Big Cat

He has one job to do, and lately it seems as though he's forgotten how to do it. Did our defense ZERO favors today against an offensive juggernaut.

Discuss.

Bills had twelve drives. Scored on one. Moorman punted twice.

How'd the other nine end again?

Bills had twelve drives. Scored on one. Moorman punted twice.

How'd the other nine end again?

Well, let's see, when he WAS called upon to do his job today he delivered a 32 yard boomer from our own 16 yard line. Ensuing New England drive ended in a touchdown. Bills down 7-3.

Then he blasted a 36 yarder from our own 19, ensuing drive results in a FG, basically the nail in the coffin.

We can quibble about quantity all day long, and never did I suggest TODAY'S loss was on him, but lately when Moorman has been called upon, he's stunk. Today was no different.

Well, let's see, when he WAS called upon to do his job today he delivered a 32 yard boomer from our own 16 yard line. Ensuing New England drive ended in a touchdown. Bills down 7-3.

Then he blasted a 36 yarder from our own 19, ensuing drive results in a FG, basically the nail in the coffin.

We can quibble about quantity all day long, and never did I suggest TODAY'S loss was on him, but lately when Moorman has been called upon, he's stunk. Today was no different.

Today was very different: he was irrelevent.

There are bigger problems than the slumping punter. Perhaps scoring 3 points, or surrendering 34, or turning it over 7 times.

Discuss.

I do believe all the aforementioned are being hashed out, quite thoroughly, all across this website.

Today was very different: he was irrelevent.

One could argue that he was quite relevant in a 3-0 game. What came after that came after that.

There are bigger problems than the slumping punter. Perhaps scoring 3 points, or surrendering 34, or turning it over 7 times.

Discuss.

Exactly. You have to look through a lot of dreck to find the punter's role in this blowout. !0-3 was "the nail in the coffin"?

Inane post.

5 turnovers today. Who the heck cares what the PUNTER did on his TWO punts. Say the Patriots don't score on those two possessions the Bills would still have lost.

I CARE! Because his poor performance has been far from limited to this game (as I've mentioned now several times throughout this thread).

One could be laughed at for being a fool, too.

Sure. But what does that have to do with this conversation?

He has one job to do, and lately it seems as though he's forgotten how to do it. Did our defense ZERO favors today against an offensive juggernaut.

Discuss.

Ok Big Cat, I agree he did not make much out of his two punts did he?

It sure seems like playing a 3-4 (or a 3-4 variant) with no high quality linebackers or defensive ends on the roster is more of an issue right now though.

It sure seems like playing a 3-4 (or a 3-4 variant) with no high quality linebackers or defensive ends on the roster is more of an issue right now though.

we really do not have a true NT for 3 - 4. Kyle is a player however not true NT however maybe first fixing LB and DE might make him even better than he already is.

Discuss.

I agree. Out of that entire steaming pile of **** today that was the Buffalo Bills ... and it was a world class steaming pile of **** in absolutely every way (except Naaman Roosevelt) ... Moorman is what you want to focus on? Not Fitz, Spiller, Gailey ... ???

I agree. Out of that entire steaming pile of **** today that was the Buffalo Bills ... and it was a world class steaming pile of **** in absolutely every way (except Naaman Roosevelt) ... Moorman is what you want to focus on? Not Fitz, Spiller, Gailey ... ???

Fellas, fellas!

Sheesh!

You know, it IS possible to acknowledge other problems simultaneously. You honestly think I didn't notice Fitz's inability to connect today? Or the frontline's inability to close gaps? The LB's inability to fill gaps? Stevie Johnson with the drops? Spiller's fumbles? The fact that our defense STILL has no answer for a pass catching TE? No pressure on Brady, careless ball control, poor decisions on third/fourth and short, facing an opponent willing to pass on 4th and 9 while up 28 in the fourth quarter??

YES!

I get it!!

And all these thing are being hashed out ad nauseum on every other thread on this site. I GET IT.

For like the FIFTH time in this thread alone, I'M NOT SAYING MOORMAN WAS THE PROBLEM! I'm pointing out that he's trending toward unreliable, has been for most of the year, and today was no different.

MAN!

Fellas, fellas!

Sheesh!

You know, it IS possible to acknowledge other problems simultaneously. You honestly think I didn't notice Fitz's inability to connect today? Or the frontline's inability to close gaps? The LB's inability to fill gaps? Stevie Johnson with the drops? Spiller's fumbles? The fact that our defense STILL has no answer for a pass catching TE? No pressure on Brady, careless ball control, poor decisions on third/fourth and short, facing an opponent willing to pass on 4th and 9 while up 28 in the fourth quarter??

YES!

I get it!!

And all these thing are being hashed out ad nauseum on every other thread on this site. I GET IT.

For like the FIFTH time in this thread alone, I'M NOT SAYING MOORMAN WAS THE PROBLEM! I'm pointing out that he's trending toward unreliable, has been for most of the year, and today was no different.

MAN!

That'll learn ya. :devil:

Edited by cåblelady