WVUfootball29

Kevin

It's the Internet. You either have a site like this in a Nazi death grip, or you learn deal with it. Make friends with the "ignore" button.

Yeah, it isn't like there isn't a middle ground where we can say what we want, but actually treat people decently.

Thank the lord for the ignore button. Now I can read through threads with half the posts being blank. That will sure look purdy when I read through the few posts that are actually good.

and then when a good poster disappears because of those blank posts I cannot see, I won't understand why they left. And then pretty soon, all that will be left is blank posts because all the good posters are just fed up with the trash and just leave.

Yeah, lori, JW, TG...... the ignore button might filter out the crap, but it isn't going to keep the good stuff. People that think the "ignore" button is going to fix the problems, then that just aint true.

A lot of good posters on this board... it sucks that their thoughts and words get burried by repetative crap only meant to get attention or rile other people up. And worse, push other people away.

People should be encouraged to be civil. It is fine to joke around, but when it turns to namecalling, lies, attention screamers, and people who are just confrontational just looking for a fight, and only a fight, it is just too much.

If you are ok with that, then you can enjoy it when all the good posters are gone and all that is left is the bad ones. Glad WVU started a good topic, and ended it when nonsense took it waaaaaaaay off topic. That stuff should be stopped when it ruins why this site is here, to talk about football. Not about what people are like after 60. Football football football.

Yeah, it isn't like there isn't a middle ground where we can say what we want, but actually treat people decently.

Thank the lord for the ignore button. Now I can read through threads with half the posts being blank. That will sure look purdy when I read through the few posts that are actually good.

and then when a good poster disappears because of those blank posts I cannot see, I won't understand why they left. And then pretty soon, all that will be left is blank posts because all the good posters are just fed up with the trash and just leave.

Yeah, lori, JW, TG...... the ignore button might filter out the crap, but it isn't going to keep the good stuff. People that think the "ignore" button is going to fix the problems, then that just aint true.

A lot of good posters on this board... it sucks that their thoughts and words get burried by repetative crap only meant to get attention or rile other people up. And worse, push other people away.

People should be encouraged to be civil. It is fine to joke around, but when it turns to namecalling, lies, attention screamers, and people who are just confrontational just looking for a fight, and only a fight, it is just too much.

If you are ok with that, then you can enjoy it when all the good posters are gone and all that is left is the bad ones. Glad WVU started a good topic, and ended it when nonsense took it waaaaaaaay off topic. That stuff should be stopped when it ruins why this site is here, to talk about football. Not about what people are like after 60. Football football football.

I didn't mean to suggest WVU did anything wrong.

But, bro. It's the Internet. Let's not re-fan the TG flames, but he's an online crybaby, acts the same way on twitter. Lori does a fine job with her pre-game write ups (I guess), and she was always Johnny on the Spot with the facts and the figures, but she wasn't exactly Miss Pleasant, either. I don't remember the circumstances under which JW left, but I seem to recall idiocy, and not unpleasantries, as being the impetus.

And if the Internet is good for two things, it's being a meanie, and being an idiot. Look no further than TSW. Big whoop. Deal.

And if the Internet is good for two things, it's being a meanie, and being an idiot. Look no further than TSW. Big whoop. Deal.

That is a sad sad, and very untrue statement. There are a lot of good posters here that are neither "meanies" or idiots.

But i guess it is nice that you stick up for the people that flood the internet with crap. Someone calls the idiots out on crap, and you defend those idiots "it is the internet, deal with it :flirt:"

Well, guess what. It is the internet. You don't like people calling out other posters for being idiots, hit the ignore button. Deal with it <_<

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

That is a sad sad, and very untrue statement. There are a lot of good posters here that are neither "meanies" or idiots.

But i guess it is nice that you stick up for the people that flood the internet with crap. Someone calls the idiots out on crap, and you defend those idiots "it is the internet, deal with it :flirt:"

Well, guess what. It is the internet. You don't like people calling out other posters for being idiots, hit the ignore button. Deal with it <_<

I'm sorry.

Are you criticizing my thesis, or echoing it??

I'm sorry.

Are you criticizing my thesis, or echoing it??

More like if you want to call people "crybabies" that simply ask for people to be more civil, then I am suggesting you take your own advice.

If you don't get what I am implying, I guess I will spell it out for you:

If you think the ignore button is such a wonderful feature that can change things, why don't you use it yourself so you don't have to read the "crybaby" posters' posts instead of reading them, then complaining about them?

More like if you want to call people "crybabies" that simply ask for people to be more civil, then I am suggesting you take your own advice.

If you don't get what I am implying, I guess I will spell it out for you:

If you think the ignore button is such a wonderful feature that can change things, why don't you use it yourself so you don't have to read the "crybaby" posters' posts instead of reading them, then complaining about them?

People who come here for nothing but well-balanced, civil discourse and then complain when someone lobs a mean-spirited idiot bomb are kidding themselves.

It's like getting pissy at McDonald's for getting a burger patty that isn't pink in the middle. And you can write letters to the Kroc family till your fingers bleed, but guess what, you're not getting a better Mickey D's burger now, or ever.

Likewise, the Internet is a place where anyone, anywhere, can anonymously write ANYthing they want. And since they are anonymous, they can even write things they don't believe, just to get a rise out of people. Am I saying that this a good thing? Meh. It has it's ups and downs. I'm certainly not advocating the act of trolling, but you simply can't keep all the voices silent. And since some of those voices exist JUST to piss you off, users of the Internet either learn to cope, or you go to a different place.

This particular website gives its posters a sizable amount of freedom when it comes to what you can and can't express. It's a policy that has its ups and downs.

So, go back and read my original response: "It's the Internet. You either have a site like this in a Nazi death grip, or you learn deal with it. Make friends with the "ignore" button."

I stand by that. Good luck with your Intelligence and Civility on the Internet Crusade. You're bound to lose. You can't beat them. You just have to ignore them. Read what you like, respond to those worth responding to, and use filters (mechanical or otherwise) to block out the rest of the noise. Otherwise, anytime someone stands up to complain the just come across as naive--hardly an "ignorable" offense, as you suggest, but unlike idiocy, naivety is overcome-able, and that's where I come in.

So, go back and read my original response: "It's the Internet. You either have a site like this in a Nazi death grip, or you learn deal with it. Make friends with the "ignore" button."

I think that it is ridiculous that there isn't a middle ground. It is either black or white? No grey?

unlike idiocy, naivety is overcome-able, and that's where I come in.

If you say so....

I guess we have to agree to disagree. But I see nothing wrong with people enouraging others to be more civil. It won't wipe out the "idiocy" but it would probably encourage others to actually try to talk football.

Enjoy your crusade of telling people not to enourage being civil, I guess. Those posters are a menace to society and need to be silenced for encouraging such behavior as being civil. Just Sinful.