Brohm should start last 2 games

Brohm was third on the depth chart to start the season. He's just not starter material

I don't agreed here. He has the credentials....and showed great stuff in preseason. Good enough, in fact, for Buddy and Chan to cut their own 7th round draft choice (Brown) Brown was miffed, and did not sign to the practice squad until October, when Edwards was canned, and Brown discovered he wasn't loved elsewhere in the league. So, I disagee Brohm is not starter material. He is just a couple of years behind Fitz in development...whereas Brown is probabily more than a couple away. But, they would and could play is Fitz goes down. Lets hope that doesn't happen. But, as another guy says above, given a blowout in either direction, give those boys a shot....develope the alternatives at QB a little, and get information to help your decisions at draft time.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With just 2 games remaining Fitz has cemented his status as the starting QB, we aren't going to the playoff, perhaps we should take the last 2 games to see what Brohm and Levi can do, as well as the rest of the rookies and other non starting guys.

Jehuu Caulcrick is another one we should try running a bit more he is a big physical back, and locals would get a kick out of seeing him run for 100 yards given that he came from Clymer NY in Chautauqua County.

I'd like to see Fred Jackson get his 1000 yards because he deserves it.

Did you send it to Nix?

Was it Nix or Gailey who said something like "as soon as a coach starts taking advice from fans in the stands, he'll soon be joining them"?

Geez guys! Pretty harsh. It probably would be a good idea to have Brohm get some time - but for a totally different reason. He needs real game experience. And besides, we're not in contention for anything. There may be a time when (God forbid) Fitz gets hurt and Brohm has to step in for a game or two. It would be nice if he had some real game experience so it's not a complete disaster.

Did you send it to Nix?

Was it Nix or Gailey who said something like "as soon as a coach starts taking advice from fans in the stands, he'll soon be joining them"?

It was Levy.

One of the dumbest threads I have read in awhile, the team is playing well on a pretty good streak,thats why fans are not coaches, if you are finally getting your team to buy into what you are selling, you dont then just give up, you need to have confidence going forward into next year. If we have our starting QB for next year, why would you want to throw team chemistry out the window? truly stupid.