Further blurring the lines between Politics and Entertainment

/dev/null

No on all accounts.

I suppose the irony of Affleck's comments must have went right over your head.

So let me break it down in simple terms for you and maybe you'll understand, specially considering you made no mention of this point in your post.

1)Ben Affleck makes alot of money.

2)Many people (right or wrong) believe that many actors are overpaid.

3)Ben Affleck (who by some people believe is overpaid) criticized another profession for being overpaid.

4)The profession he was discussing was CEO compensation, in which many people (right or wrong) believe is an overpaid position.

So the point being is that someone who could be easily categorized (right or wrong) as an overpaid individual making the statement of another profession for being excessively overpaid (right or wrong), leaves him open for fair criticism.

This is logical.

Btw, I don't believe Affleck is overpaid and I don't believe most CEO's (certainly not in generalized terms) are overpaid.

Actually Magoo, I was commenting on the reactions of the board to what Affleck said (and what Rush Limbaugh said and what whoever else using celebrity to get their voice heard said) and to the article that dev/null linked to in his post.

And BTW I have serious doubts as to Ben Afflick's qualifications WRT determining the appropriateness of CEO pay. I just don't get my panties in a wad over silly crap like this.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Magoo, I was commenting on the reactions of the board to what Affleck said (and what Rush Limbaugh said and what whoever else using celebrity to get their voice heard said) and to the article that dev/null linked to in his post.

And BTW I have serious doubts as to Ben Afflick's qualifications WRT determining the appropriateness of CEO pay. I just don't get my panties in a wad over silly crap like this.

You wear panties?

Friggin' submariners. I'll bet they have little dolphins on them, too...

I like this thread, I've been following it most of the evening. It is funny.

Following Rush Limbaugh is funny, but then again I generally agree with a guy who calls himself Bubba the Love Sponge and some times Howard Stern. So, I guess that really makes me crazy!

I do ask how Limbaugh can be right so many times because often times he is never right about anything. He brings up an obvious fact, talks about it for 2 minutes and provides nothing to be right about. His only opinions are hateful words against Dems.

Whereas, Howard's opinions are awesome, strippers and midgets. Bubba's are even better, putting a shock collar on someones genitals is entertainment. I do kid though, but seriously, anyone who can agree with someone 98.2% of their mind needs to take a step back and examine their own fundemental beliefs.

I feel dirty for coming to Dave's side on this one, but unlike Rush nobody has ever accused Olberman/Matthews/Maddow of being entertaining

Damn!

That is true Nanker, he got ya there. :lol:

Guilty as charged.

Man, I've got to do better follow-up on my posts. biggrin.gif

No, I was nit-picking. Nanker implied he was not deserving of the money he had made. His movies have been very successful, and the people who have backed his movies have made money. In a a capitalistic society, can you ask for anything else?

I don't begrudge him nor the CEOs their money. And CEOs don't make money for their shareholders and their employees?