National debt

I saw a report yesterday with the national debt and the US population. It boiled down to the basic fact that eveyone owes about $45,000. Is that what all the whining is about? Geez. How about everyone just writes a check for themsleves, their spouse and their kids? For a family of four that is only $190k. Big whoop. If some families mistakenely wrote two checks because both the husband and wife did it we could end up with a national savings account.

I saw a report yesterday with the national debt and the US population. It boiled down to the basic fact that eveyone owes about $45,000. Is that what all the whining is about? Geez. How about everyone just writes a check for themsleves, their spouse and their kids? For a family of four that is only $190k. Big whoop. If some families mistakenely wrote two checks because both the husband and wife did it we could end up with a national savings account.

Oh, it is under control...Didn't you see Warren Buffet, Mark Zuckerberg, Gates, and 54 other billionaires are going to give half of their fortune to charity?

Lets see...57 people all have we'll just say only $4billion per person. That means each donates $2billion. Ok, they we take $2billion and multiply that by 57 and we get...114 billion. Yey, we'll be safe...until we realize they are sending all of this money to BFE Africa to stop prostitutes from getting aids so they can produce 10 babies that are going to starve.

Oh yeah that is all well and good until you see this or this one is better.

Ok, I am no math wizz but I think our families are under enough strains as it is. How many lemonades is my nephew and neice going to have to sell to get that $45k for themself?

Edited by jboyst62

Ok, I am no math wizz but I think our families are under enough strains as it is. How many lemonades is my nephew and neice going to have to sell to get that $45k for themself?

Look, they are kids. Sure they can contribute for a show of support. That won't be much because these kids today are too tied up in video games to make any real contribution :wallbash: -- :wallbash: . This is its own topic that I won't discuss here. I would be shocked if every mom and dad didn't have $45k per person laying around somewhere. I realize there is a disparity in income but those who make less would have saved more on a percentage basis. The beauty of the plan is that you are going after people's net worth, not their income.

I think you didn't understand my solution. I am not proposing raising taxes until everyone pays off their $45k. I am proposing a one time fee to every person for $45k. It is not a tax, it is a fee. I understand that some people plan poorly and may not have $45k in their accounts. I think we could say $45k if you pay now and something like $48k if you pay by April 15, then that would work.

I should also point out that the real calculation was something like $44,800. So if people are going to complain you don't have to make it a round number, just use the actual number.

Did I explain it better this time?

Look, they are kids. Sure they can contribute for a show of support. That won't be much because these kids today are too tied up in video games to make any real contribution :wallbash: -- :wallbash: . This is its own topic that I won't discuss here. I would be shocked if every mom and dad didn't have $45k per person laying around somewhere. I realize there is a disparity in income but those who make less would have saved more on a percentage basis. The beauty of the plan is that you are going after people's net worth, not their income.

I think you didn't understand my solution. I am not proposing raising taxes until everyone pays off their $45k. I am proposing a one time fee to every person for $45k. It is not a tax, it is a fee. I understand that some people plan poorly and may not have $45k in their accounts. I think we could say $45k if you pay now and something like $48k if you pay by April 15, then that would work.

I should also point out that the real calculation was something like $44,800. So if people are going to complain you don't have to make it a round number, just use the actual number.

:lol:

Meanwhile, in the name of reducing big government and taking a no nonesense approch to budgets, states all over the nation are unemploying people. Our state has a $1 billion deficit. While this is going on, we are blithly throwing between $9 and 12 Billion a MONTH into Iraq! Six months of Iraq money would fill all our states coffers to over flowing. So, Bush not only slashed tax rates to create the defict, he took it a step further by institutionalizing a bleeding wound with Iraq which will require a drain on our prospereity into infinium. Mission Accomplished!

Meanwhile, in the name of reducing big government and taking a no nonesense approch to budgets, states all over the nation are unemploying people. Our state has a $1 billion deficit. While this is going on, we are blithly throwing between $9 and 12 Billion a MONTH into Iraq! Six months of Iraq money would fill all our states coffers to over flowing. So, Bush not only slashed tax rates to create the defict, he took it a step further by institutionalizing a bleeding wound with Iraq which will require a drain on our prospereity into infinium. Mission Accomplished!

Did you forget to switch to your ieatcrayonz account?

Please send your complaint/suggestions to the man and party in charge.

Does the national debt include states and counties and stuff or should we all maybe pony up about $55k instead of $45k and have the feds distribute money to the states?

A one time fee, huh? Mmmm Hmmmm.

Yep, sounds reasonable to me. After all, this would never happen again.

Does the national debt include states and counties and stuff or should we all maybe pony up about $55k instead of $45k and have the feds distribute money to the states?

State and muni debt will be the next turd to hit the fan

Edited by /dev/null

That stinks. Maybe they can do some of that debt consolidation stuff like they talk about on the radio. If the Feds took over all the states they could probably negotiate better rates.

Listen, all we have to do is to go to one of the tax relief firms and reduce the 45k bill to around 3k. A figure that I'm sure we can all handle.

State and muni debt will be the next turd to hit the fan

And those who cannot see that are morons. Our US Gov going in debt is bad but our local counties and cities going under will be a huge problem. Sewage, police, utilities...not to play chicken little...but I am worried.

Listen, all we have to do is to go to one of the tax relief firms and reduce the 45k bill to around 3k. A figure that I'm sure we can all handle.

Perfect! The party in office can then claim success and point the finger at the opposing party just like the Dems are now for the "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy. Then they decide with their huge windfall they want to build a monorail from DC to Ludlow, SD. MONJORAIL MONORAIL!

Oh, it is under control...Didn't you see Warren Buffet, Mark Zuckerberg, Gates, and 54 other billionaires are going to give half of their fortune to charity?

Lets see...57 people all have we'll just say only $4billion per person. That means each donates $2billion. Ok, they we take $2billion and multiply that by 57 and we get...114 billion. Yey, we'll be safe...until we realize they are sending all of this money to BFE Africa to stop prostitutes from getting aids so they can produce 10 babies that are going to starve.

Oh yeah that is all well and good until you see this or this one is better.

You are also no economist. The national debt is no big deal at all. It's just money we basically owe to ourselves and will not repay, we just roll it over every 90 days or so and will continue to do so forever.