Moch Draft with Bills Picking at #12

1B4IDie

Moch is the best athlete in the draft, if buffalo got in the 3rd it would be a steal. I'd be okay if we got him in the 2nd, a natural pass rusher with 4.2 speed. Doubled team all year, off the edge he would be dangerous.

Moch is the best athlete in the draft, if buffalo got in the 3rd it would be a steal. I'd be okay if we got him in the 2nd, a natural pass rusher with 4.2 speed. Doubled team all year, off the edge he would be dangerous.

This guy keeps getting faster in each thread I read. Can he be that good and not be a first round pick. And really can a linebacker be faster than Spiller. Would we see him cover Evans on a go route in practice? I like mock drafts but if everyone is starting to look like 1st round fringe material what's April going to bring.

Edited by whodat

WhySoSerious, I like that you are using DraftTek's Simulator, but please observe the site's request and give credit to the site, esppecially when posting the mock.

That said, I'd take Quinn in a heartbeat.

He'd be a wonderful 2nd Round pick. Quinn/Moch, Dareus/Moch, or even Bowers/Moch, and we've definitely upped our defensive pressure.

Cam Newton falls to the Seahawks?? My guess is this will all change once Newton destroys at the combine.

Cleveland, AZ and SF are desperate for QB help. And they pick WR, CB and WR?

Washingotn passes on him too? Gonna be tough for Snyder to sit on that one!

Cam Newton falls to the Seahawks?? My guess is this will all change once Newton destroys at the combine.

Cleveland, AZ and SF are desperate for QB help. And they pick WR, CB and WR?

Washingotn passes on him too? Gonna be tough for Snyder to sit on that one!

heisman goes to seattle? good point.

by the way. i hate moch drafts and mock drafts. but now we are even generating a fake draft order without the correct picking order????

you my friend have a lot of time on your HAND....

Don't mean to ' shoot the messenger ' here, but that mock draft is supposed to be for THIS year??? :unsure:

I take it that ALL of these underclassmen (many of them sophomores) in that mock are declaring for the 2011 draft????

1 Carolina Andrew Luck QB Stanford

2 Cincinnati Nick Fairley DT43 Auburn

3 Denver Da'Quan Bowers DE34 Clemson

5 Arizona Patrick Peterson CB LSU

6 Dallas Marcell Dareus DE34 Alabama

8 San Francisco A.J. Green WRF Georgia

9 Washington Robert Quinn OLB34 North Carolina

10 Cleveland Julio Jones WRF Alabama

13 Seattle Cameron Newton QB Auburn

15 St Louis Justin Blackmon WRF Oklahoma State

17 Miami Mark Ingram RBF Alabama

20 San Diego Akeem Ayers ILB UCLA

24 Chicago Brandon Harris CB Miami (FL)

25 NY Giants J.J. Watt DE34 Wisconsin

28 Baltimore Janoris Jenkins CB Florida

29 New Orleans Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame

32 New England Michael Floyd WRF Notre Dame

35 Denver Travis Lewis ILB Oklahoma

36 Detroit Justin Houston DE43 Georgia

37 Arizona Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas

41 Washington Jonathan Baldwin WRF Pittsburgh

43 Houston Mark Barron FS Alabama

47 St Louis Mikel LeShoure RBF Illinois

48 Oakland Corey Liuget DT43 Illinois

51 Kansas City Torrey Smith WRF Maryland

52 San Diego Tyler Sash FS Iowa

53 Tampa Bay Martez Wilson ILB Illinois

54 Jacksonville Shane Vereen RBF California

57 NY Giants Ryan Williams RBF Virginia Tech

60 Baltimore Ryan Broyles WRS Oklahoma

61 New Orleans Jordan Todman RBF Connecticut

62 Pittsburgh Brandon Burton CB Utah

63 Atlanta Matt Reynolds OT BYU

72 San Francisco Aaron Williams CB Texas

74 Cleveland Tank Carder ILB TCU

75 Houston Courtney Upshaw ILB Alabama

87 Green Bay Don'ta Hightower ILB Alabama

90 San Diego Aldon Smith OLB34 Missouri

91 Philadelphia Lavonte David SS Nebraska

93 New Orleans Rahim Moore FS UCLA

If not, I'd say that mock draft is a pretty worthless predictor of anything B-)

I went through the standings and schedules of the bottom half of the leaugue and using a very complex system (my brain) I predicted how these teams finish record-wise. I didn't determine stregnth of schedule or anything to see exactly where each team would pick, because of the complex system I used (which was...my brain), I only have final records.

If the Bills finish 4-12

1. Carolina 2-14

2. Cincy 3-13

Denver 3-13

4. Arizona 4-12

Buffalo 4-12

Detroit 4-12

7. Cleveland 5-11

San Fran 5-11

Washington5-11

10.Dallas 6-10

Houston 6-10

Minnesota 6-10

Seattle 6-10

Tennessee 6-10

If the Bills finish 5-11

1. Carolina

2. Cincy

Denver

4. Arizona

Detroit

6. Buffalo

Cleveland

San Fran

Washington

10.Dallas

Houston

Minnesota

Seattle

Tennessee

So in the first scenario (going 4-12) Buffalo would pick between 4 and 6

In the second scenario (going 5-11) Buffalo would pick between 6 and 9

In the unlikely 6-10 scenario, buffalo would pick between 9 and 14

Edited by machinegun12

I also chose to use a fairly sophisticated modeling tool (my own brain) a couple months ago - it indicated that the Bills will draft somewhere in the #8 - #10 spot, selecting Wisconsin LT Gabe Carimi in round one and Nevada DE/OLB Dontay Moch in round two.

Edited by The Senator

But of course this implies that he wasn't able to get sacks against quality players right? I would also imagine that in your view Castonzo is a quality player?

Just in that clip alone, against a player who you view as the top tackle in the draft, Quinn racked up a sack, drew a holding call, made two inside power rush moves that created pressure that caused two interceptions and had two other QB pressures which one led to a sack.

I'd say on the passing plays, Castonzo was abused by Quinn. I'd much rather have Quinn than Castonzo, it is quite clear that Quinn is the dominant player out of the two.

How typical of you to pick the Irish guy before the Italian guy

I also chose to use a fairly sophisticated modeling tool (my own brain) a couple months ago - it indicated that the Bills will draft somewhere in the #8 - #10 spot, selecting Wisconsin LT Gabe Carimi in round one and Nevada DE/OLB Dontay Moch in round two.

CBS sports nfl/draft has Moch rated as the 37th in their overall ranking and at 6-1 245 they have him running a 4.38 forty. If this is true, he’s the type that will kill at the combine. No way he stays in the 2nd round. Just look at Jacksonville last year. They took a 2nd round rated dt at the 11th pick. Some of these guys fly up the board especially those with sexy numbers. You have curiosity up now. I’ll have to check him out on youtube.

CBS sports nfl/draft has Moch rated as the 37th in their overall ranking and at 6-1 245 they have him running a 4.38 forty. If this is true, he’s the type that will kill at the combine. No way he stays in the 2nd round. Just look at Jacksonville last year. They took a 2nd round rated dt at the 11th pick. Some of these guys fly up the board especially those with sexy numbers. You have curiosity up now. I’ll have to check him out on youtube.

Jesus H. Christ, I just can't win here - some folks on TSW have been yelling at me that Moch's a ' huge reach ' with our 2nd-round spot! :wacko::wallbash:

I liked him in round 3 in October - now I think if the Bills want him, they have to grab him earlier. He's the perfect pass-rushing DE/OLB for our D - hope we can get him in round 2...

Link - NFL Draft Scout Profile

Link-Nevada defense moves at Dontay Moch speed (USAToday)

I'm back to report my findings on Moch. I regret to inform you. This is a Major 'Bust' Alert. I would not pick him under any circumstances. Repeat, under no circumstances.

Moch = Maybin

My advice go with Beal. He explodes into people. He doesn't just impact a play, he blows it up. Right now, he's projected as a 2nd rounder. That means he'll be a late to mid first rounder by draft day.

And if you need any more reason to like him Solomon Wilcots won't stop chanting his name when he does Beals games.

Edited by whodat

I'm sure he has bad games in 2008 or 2007 you can pull some High School games too.

Who cares. I'd be happy with Costanzo or Love at RT. Its really splitting hairs at this point. Love has a reputation for being nasty.

However One game in 2009 isn't the whole story on a player.

Maybe I'm misguided, but I tend to notice that players who performed well in college against top talent, perform about the same way in the NFL. There are probably exceptions, mostly in the sense that some guys fail because they can't adapt to NFL speed and complexity, but I'd bet that he will have as much or more trouble against the fast-big rushers of the next level.

I went through the standings and schedules of the bottom half of the leaugue and using a very complex system (my brain) I predicted how these teams finish record-wise. I didn't determine stregnth of schedule or anything to see exactly where each team would pick, because of the complex system I used (which was...my brain), I only have final records.

If the Bills finish 4-12

1. Carolina 2-14

2. Cincy 3-13

Denver 3-13

4. Arizona 4-12

Buffalo 4-12

Detroit 4-12

7. Cleveland 5-11

San Fran 5-11

Washington5-11

10.Dallas 6-10

Houston 6-10

Minnesota 6-10

Seattle 6-10

Tennessee 6-10

If the Bills finish 5-11

1. Carolina

2. Cincy

Denver

4. Arizona

Detroit

6. Buffalo

Cleveland

San Fran

Washington

10.Dallas

Houston

Minnesota

Seattle

Tennessee

So in the first scenario (going 4-12) Buffalo would pick between 4 and 6

In the second scenario (going 5-11) Buffalo would pick between 6 and 9

In the unlikely 6-10 scenario, buffalo would pick between 9 and 14

The Bills have the #1/32 SOS right now with 57% winning percentage of it's opponents, meaning they loose all tie breaks.

Hence I used my brain, and count 12 teams that have 5 wins or less. Meaning worst/best case when the Bills beat the NJ Sucks and go 5-11, the simple best/worst case is the Bills draft #12.

Doesn't really take much time or effort.

The point is the worst/best situation as far as the draft position goes is one hell of a draft. Obviously some of those 5 win teams will win 1 or 2 games, but I wasn't too concerned with that for this mock.

There could be a lot of defensive talent in the draft.

Edited by Why So Serious?

So, you are saying we should take those players off of our radar, right?

WhySoSerious, I like that you are using DraftTek's Simulator, but please observe the site's request and give credit to the site, esppecially when posting the mock.

That said, I'd take Quinn in a heartbeat.

He'd be a wonderful 2nd Round pick. Quinn/Moch, Dareus/Moch, or even Bowers/Moch, and we've definitely upped our defensive pressure.

Sorry Astro I thought the link at the top of the OP