I'll be eating nothing but lentils in 2011

I don't get what you mean.

out of those who eat meat, how many would still eat it if they had to do the killing and cleaning? 5%? maybe less.

Edited by three3

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To much work for the beatnik plant eaters. Yuch it's like just laying there dude! What do I do now, cut off little parts? Super gross man!

Ok, I was just gonna let it go, but you persist in implying that I'm some sort of bleeding heart hippie. I'm not.

This experiment has nothing to do with the cause of vegetarians or vegans, ok? Have you seen me preaching to anybody about what they eat? I'm merely trying something strange for the potential benefit of myself.

I chose to publicly state my intentions. I realize that I opened myself to criticism when I did this. But come on man, who do you REALLY think is the one on the high horse at this point?

out of those who eat vegetables, how many plant all their food, harvest it, store it and prep it before they eat it? 4%? maybe less.

of course you overlook the point, well, because, that is just so you isn't it. get a hobby

I'm considering becoming a Breatharian.

There are a number of people I would like to see switching to that. Another post, I suppose.

He skipped the fact he is going to live on a tree branch the whole year.

Gonna be tough to go shopping for lentils if he lives on a tree branch. Delentilivery, perhaps?

Ok, I was just gonna let it go, but you persist in implying that I'm some sort of bleeding heart hippie. I'm not.

This experiment has nothing to do with the cause of vegetarians or vegans, ok? Have you seen me preaching to anybody about what they eat? I'm merely trying something strange for the potential benefit of myself.

I chose to publicly state my intentions. I realize that I opened myself to criticism when I did this. But come on man, who do you REALLY think is the one on the high horse at this point?

OK I kinda see what you are after, but skip the lentil thing. Go on a two week backpacking trip-a real backpacking trip, not staying in a campground. Just you and 30 lbs of gear. Wake up day after day in a damp sleeping bag in a cold tent with no where else to go. Discover your water purifier has frozen, the stove is out of fuel, and the mice ripped open your bag and took all the chocolate. Your boots and socks are wet and you try to dry them by a open fire and just succeed in burning them.

Thats just a typical NY hiking trip and believe me I have been in far worse situations in Alaska.

Every day I wake up in a warm dry bed I thank God. That will do much more for you're appreciation of life's comforts then a year of eating seeds.

OK I kinda see what you are after, but skip the lentil thing. Go on a two week backpacking trip-a real backpacking trip, not staying in a campground. Just you and 30 lbs of gear. Wake up day after day in a damp sleeping bag in a cold tent with no where else to go. Discover your water purifier has frozen, the stove is out of fuel, and the mice ripped open your bag and took all the chocolate. Your boots and socks are wet and you try to dry them by a open fire and just succeed in burning them.

Thats just a typical NY hiking trip and believe me I have been in far worse situations in Alaska.

Every day I wake up in a warm dry bed I thank God. That will do much more for you're appreciation of life's comforts then a year of eating seeds.

Why? Because that's what you would do? Are you really that narrow-minded?

Ask. It makes it so much easier to form a answer. I think I told you the first one.

Sure. In the spirit of the season, I'll help you connect the dots.

The question that remains unanswered is, "Are you really that narrow-minded?" And let me expand to help you focus a response.

Do you think that, because you did that approach and it worked for you, that it is the right approach for everyone/anyone?

Sure. In the spirit of the season, I'll help you connect the dots.

The question that remains unanswered is, "Are you really that narrow-minded?" And let me expand to help you focus a response.

Do you think that, because you did that approach and it worked for you, that it is the right approach for everyone/anyone?

In the spirit of the season I will tell you it was not a "approach" to any higher plane of understanding. It was simply what is required in the wilderness, and I had reasons beyond it besides some "self journey"

And yes I am proud of what I done surviving on my own in the wilds of Alaska, and I think that is really what Sage is more looking for.

In the spirit of the season I will tell you it was not a "approach" to any higher plane of understanding. It was simply what is required in the wilderness, and I had reasons beyond it besides some "self journey"

And yes I am proud of what I done surviving on my own in the wilds of Alaska, and I think that is really what Sage is more looking for.

So, what you are saying here is, "Yes, I am that narrow minded, dammit!"

Right?

I gotcha Jim, and it's actually funny you mention this. I'm an avid hiker and backpacker (admittedly, during the warm season). The Finger Lakes region is particularly great for weekend or 4-day treks. One of my goals before I hit 30 is to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail.

As for the lentils, I realize it seems beyond dumb. But right now my mind is set on it for some reason.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

I gotcha Jim, and it's actually funny you mention this. I'm an avid hiker and backpacker (admittedly, during the warm season). The Finger Lakes region is particularly great for weekend or 4-day treks. One of my goals before I hit 30 is to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail.

As for the lentils, I realize it seems beyond dumb. But right now my mind is set on it for some reason.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Well good I'm Glad you understand my thoughts on the matter.

Unlike dense as granite Dean.

Merry Christmas to you also, and I suggest you hike the Mt Marcy region. The only above timber line I know of in NY.

So, what you are saying here is, "Yes, I am that narrow minded, dammit!"

Right?

I think your dealer sold you some seriously bad weed.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage