That damn Jerry Sullivan!!!

Lv-Bills

He is good at his job, if you define his job as "attracting an audience". Actually I should say he might be good at his job under that definition. I haven't seen any readership data from the Snooze in years. I'd guess his column is highly read among readers of the Snooze's sports page. I would also guess more people watch Kilgore in one night than read Sully in a month. (That might have changed a bit since I stopped looking at local data.)

It's unfortunate the mind-set of sports talk radio (all controversy all the time!) has moved to newspapers. Apparently pin-headed consumers can't deal with honest and balanced analysis and discussion. It's too "boring".

I would guess he is, by far, the #1 read writer in the Buffalo News.

I'm not sure how many people have ANY use for local TV sports news anymore. I can't remember the last time I stayed tuned in to local TV sports for anything. It's that useless nowadays. Although, I will preface that with the fact that I live in a city with NO pro sports, so there really isn't a use for local TV sports. Although they do cover the Redskins and Nats.

Sports is controversial with as much stupidity that happens on a regular basis. Thus, the talk shows mirror that. Because of course, who would actually want to sit and rehash honest and balanced discussion about the same Bills mistakes that have happened over the same 11 years over and over? It gets old after awhile. But hey, those damn pinheads just don't get what's not boring I guess.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic