Dead Weight to Be Trimmed OFF

BenchBledsoe

Looking ahead, I see a few pieces of blubber that need to be shaved off this team this off season:

1) Coy Wire

2) Izell Reese

3) Rian Lindell

4) Travis Henry

5) Justin Bannan

Clearly, we'll get something for TH (a 2nd? maybe only a 3rd now?). The others are waiver material. We need some new blood at both safety positions. Maybe Troy Vincent will make a smooth transition to FS, but we definitely need to upgrade our depth there in the offseason.

We NEED a new kicker. The coaching staff is very hesitant to let Lindell try longer field goals. . . and with good reason. Also, his kickoffs are a joke, they're often coming down at the 15-20 yd line!

Bannan has been a disappointment. Also, the coaching staff likes Tim Anderson. Could they try Justin on the O-line? If not, he's gone.

Others hanging by a thread:

1)Ryan Denney 2)Josh Reed 3)Kevin Thomas 4)Shane Matthews 5)any OG other than Villarial!!!

We also could use a top-flight TE, especially with Campbell coming off an injury.

you must be kidding...lindell is kicking to the 15-20 yard line by design...he kicks them high and short and our coverage units stop the return at the 25-30 yard line.

156416[/snapback]

If you think kicking off to the 15-20 is "by design" then I've got some beach front property in Nebraska I'd like to sell you. . . No freakin' way. The opponents consistently get the ball out past our 30.

If Vincent moves to FS as suspected then either Reese or Prioleau will be gone, maybe even both. Henry probably will get traded.

Bannan and Lindell are both good candidates to go, with Bannan it might be we keep him as depth if Phat Pat goes in free agency or if he could stick as a guard.

Matthews will almost certainly be gone as Losman moves up the depth chart and we bring in another clipboard holder of some description. We might even go with two QBs on the roster only next year depending on how Losman develops.

Pucillo? As he is still here I would hope we can get rid of him, especially if it looks as though Bannan has what McNally is looking for in a guard.

Wire I can see as a stayer as a good ST man, plus with the cutting of one or both of the other safteties mentioned above we would be thin there.

Neufeld as the third TE might also be another possibility if we get someone else in, but I can see the TEs remaining the same.

1) Wire is cheap, under contract (455K salary next year), and a good ST'er. He stays.

2) Reese's contract is up after the season. At best brought back for the min if no one better is brought in. I'd add Prioleau is gone, given his salary ($1.25M) and suckitude.

3) I see the Bills bringing in competition at kicker.

4) Henry isn't "dead weight" and is the only member of the list who should actually get the Bills something in return for him.

5) NFW. Bannan stays and works at OL and 5th DT.

1. Wire: He's a mediocre backup SS, but a very good special teamer. I hope he stays.

2. Reese: He'll be a free agent this winter, so there's no need to cut him. He won't be resigned.

3. Lindell: Agreed.

4. Henry: Unless we can get a day one pick for him (unlikely), we're better off keeping him around for next year. It's nice to have a good #2 RB, especially one who will be playing with such an enormous chip on his shoulder.

5. Bannan: I hope he stays. He's a good backup G, backup DT, and special teamer.

Your bubble list:

1. Denney: He's actually a solid backup, especially against the run. I also like him on field goal units because of his enormous wingspan. He's still cheap while under contract, so I bet he stays next year.

2. Reed: Maybe I'll get some serious stevestojan for this, but I still say he has major potential. This is the type of player I can see us cutting and then later watching a team like the Pats develop him into a star. I hope we let him play out his contract with the Bills. In other words, give him 1 more year. It's the least we should do for such a high draft investment.

3. Kevin Thomas: He's a respectable nickel/dime back. I can't see him getting cut. CB depth is vital for any NFL team.

4. Matthews: Agreed.

5. Pucillo, Tucker, Lawrence Smith: I say keep the best 2 here as backups and cut the third. I like all of them as backups, but I don't want any starting at LG next year.

Fishing for a vacation are we?

I would advise you that now is not the time to prod the moderators.

156613[/snapback]

He's like herpes. Just when you're thinking everything is back to normal, it pops its ugly head up again to remind you how crappy things are for a moment of poor judgement.

1)  Wire is cheap, under contract (455K salary next year), and a good ST'er.  He stays.

2)  Reese's contract is up after the season.  At best brought back for the min if no one better is brought in.  I'd add Prioleau is gone, given his salary ($1.25M) and suckitude.

3)  I see the Bills bringing in competition at kicker.

4)  Henry isn't "dead weight" and is the only member of the list who should actually get the Bills something in return for him.

5)  NFW.  Bannan stays and works at OL and 5th DT.

156534[/snapback]

Agreed.