Lets Talk Foreman Eats!

ajzepp

So post a link to her picture on your facebook. Jesus dude, do we have to give you step by step instructions??

:oops:

Actually, what you guys REALLY want is a pic of her daughter...

:w00t:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. As a soon to be 50 year old I want a picture of her AND her daughter.

She just turned 50, too...I could hook you up? Fiery Cuban mama...muy caliente!

Cool let me check with my wife.

:bag: <-------------------- Covering two black eyes.

LOL, I wasn't going to say anything if you didn't, brother :D

Edited by ajzepp

I've never used a Foreman but I have mentioned here that my wife got me a Green Egg for my birthday this year. It's great because it works fantastic as a smoker with great low heat regulation and even better for a grill because that bastard gets HOT! It's not the time of year for me to talk grilling though. It's stews, soups and rustic meals. Roasting a goose this weekend for Christmas.

Or we could goose a roast?

Tonights Foreman Special!

1 lb ground beef

1 tsp Lawry's seasoning salt

1 tsp worstershire sauce

1/4 cup chopped onions

Press into burgers and fire 'em up!

:w00t:

I hate the foreman grill because its express purpose is reducing fat. Fat=flavor ergo, it reduces flavor.

yep, that's why I'm trying to learn more about seasoning foods. It's amazing how much stuff drains off the meat when it's cooking. The little resevoir thing almost fills up when firing up some burgers.

Any of you guys who own a Foreman, you really should get the griddle plate. I was in the mood for a ham and cheese omelette, so I wanted to see how well it worked with that. I bought some Black Forrest ham and some sharp cheddar, mixed up my eggs, put a little butter on the griddle, and out came one of the best non-omelettes I've ever had lol. I couldn't keep it formed in the proper shape, but didn't matter....it sort of came out like two egg islands....but DANG was it tasty.

I have used this grill every night since I bought it...this is the perfect item for a single guy who can't cook worth a damn lol.

Would a rustic meal be made of knotty pine?

Now you done it! I stumbled upon this while working and listening to the Sunday morning info/public service show on tha radio a while back.

Just don't eat the pine nuts out of shady countries like China or Russia (or for that matter, Italy)... Or you may get this:

Pine Mouth Syndrome

"First documented in 2001, the phenom remains unexplained and seems to involve raw, cooked or processed pine nuts of various species. While there's been speculation the condition is associated with pine nuts imported from China, Niles says the batch that caused his taste distortion came from Italy.

It's a fairly rare syndrome, but because pine nuts are becoming increasingly popular in dishes such as pesto and gourmet salads, reports of more cases are popping up."

Humans have been eating pine nuts for thousands of years and now this? :wallbash: IMO, it is how we try to force things into season.

OR, if you really want to get rustic... Try not to end like this guy: Kaw-Liga (w/ a heart made of knotty pine).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FY7RWJAtJQ

:D;)

There is also a custom blend made by the "Commissioner of Tailgating". I just brush with a little olive oil and then sprinkle on the seasoning. It's awesome.

Sounds like something my sister cooks. She is a trained chef and she loves cooking stuff on the Foreman grill!

Have you tried the pre-blended montreal steak and montreal chicken spice blends? They're some of my favorites, and since it's pre-blended, you just rub and grill! I love them.

As much as I liked the steak version, I just had the chicken one tonight. I applied it a bit liberally, and may tone it down a bit next time, but that was DELICIOUS. I melted some shredded monterey jack over the top...very satisfying meal :thumbsup:

Check out Lysander's rubs. Their beef rub is excellent and used by a lot of steak houses around the country. It's a wee mite salty for my taste, so use it lightly. Their chicken and pork dry rubs are way too salty, but the beef - ummmmm.

Deano - I checked the GFG online manuals for those two inny-outties and the smaller one seems to have shorter cooking times listed than the bigger one.

Just got one of these and will chime in on the merits of the machine later after I've played with it a bit. Panini at home. Yum!

Deano - I checked the GFG online manuals for those two inny-outties and the smaller one seems to have shorter cooking times listed than the bigger one.

Just got one of these and will chime in on the merits of the machine later after I've played with it a bit. Panini at home. Yum!

Thanks, that makes sense. (BTW, I think you linked the same grill twice there, but I found the other one.)

I love those press grills with floating hinges. This one also has flat plates which makes if more versatile.

A man that cooks = sexy! :devil:

Bout time, stinky!!! :w00t:

Check out Lysander's rubs. Their beef rub is excellent and used by a lot of steak houses around the country. It's a wee mite salty for my taste, so use it lightly. Their chicken and pork dry rubs are way too salty, but the beef - ummmmm.

Added to my list, thanks! :thumbsup: