Lets Talk Foreman Eats!

ajzepp

Don't you live in the south? Get outside to do your grilling fer chrissakes! :P

:lol:

I live in the south, but unfortunately our condo complex doesn't allow grilling. I think I am going to get a Foreman indoor-outdoor electric grill and see how it is. Other than the size of the grill, I can't tell if there is any difference between these two models (other than price, of course):

http://www.georgeforemancooking.com/p-22-indooroutdoor-domed-grill.aspx

http://www.georgeforemancooking.com/p-20-indooroutdoor-electric-dome-grill.aspx

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saved mine from the other night, just never enough when I want it. Saw them cooking goose on that Chopped show the other day...man it looked good

A roast goose renders out buckets of fat.

So a friend of mine who lives in my same apartment complex and I have been firing up her Foreman grill as of late. It has reminded me how much I miss my original Foreman from back in the day. I decided to place an order for the newest grill, which has received some very strong reviews and is on sale at Amazon. I'm super excited to further get away from fast food and other crap that I eat too much of, and eating healthier with the help of the Foreman.

Was hoping other Foreman grill owners could chime in and let me know what some of your favorite foods to make are. One of the areas I need the most help with is seasoning, so if you have any good tips on ways to season meat, please let me know.

:thumbsup:

I just clicked on your link and realized you're talking about a George Foreman grill. :wallbash:

Here's my advice.......throw it in the !@#$ing garbage.

A roast goose renders out buckets of fat.

I just clicked on your link and realized you're talking about a George Foreman grill. :wallbash:

Here's my advice.......throw it in the !@#$ing garbage.

:lol: That's more along the lines of what I expected you to say lmao

I live in the south, but unfortunately our condo complex doesn't allow grilling. I think I am going to get a Foreman indoor-outdoor electric grill and see how it is. Other than the size of the grill, I can't tell if there is any difference between these two models (other than price, of course):

http://www.georgeforemancooking.com/p-22-indooroutdoor-domed-grill.aspx

http://www.georgeforemancooking.com/p-20-indooroutdoor-electric-dome-grill.aspx

Whoa, very cool! I didn't see those outdoor models...neat!

Looks to me like the difference may be in the area of the grilling surface? First one is 240, second one is 200.

So a friend of mine who lives in my same apartment complex and I have been firing up her Foreman grill as of late. It has reminded me how much I miss my original Foreman from back in the day. I decided to place an order for the newest grill, which has received some very strong reviews and is on sale at Amazon. I'm super excited to further get away from fast food and other crap that I eat too much of, and eating healthier with the help of the Foreman.

Was hoping other Foreman grill owners could chime in and let me know what some of your favorite foods to make are. One of the areas I need the most help with is seasoning, so if you have any good tips on ways to season meat, please let me know.

Barbecued lentils, plain.

There's a part of me that doesn't like to disappoint and there's a part of me that thinks me becometh too predictable. :(

Well I pretty much figured anyone who is either trained in the culinary arts or even someone who just takes food really seriously probably wouldn't have much interest ina Foreman grill. For someone like me, though, who needs it to be simple and easy, it's perfect. I had the original grill and used it all the time, and being exposed to it again lately has made me really want one again. I know myself, and I know that I won't get out all sorts of pots and pans, make (i.e. BURN) the food, and then clean up. If I can just throw some seasoning on some meat, toss is on the foreman, and then 5 min later have a tasty meal, I'm totally in. But if I could trade it for instant knowledge on food preparation and cooking, I'd do it in a heartbeat :thumbsup:

Just as an example, though, the other night all I did was take some Hebrew National weiners, cut them into halves, stacked one on top of the other, covered them with a piece of provolone, and used the foreman to melt the cheese. Put that on a Martins potato bun and some mustard, and WOW was that tasty. No way the microwave would have gotten me even close to that deliciousness :)

Edited by ajzepp

Well I pretty much figured anyone who is either trained in the culinary arts or even someone who just takes food really seriously probably wouldn't have much interest ina Foreman grill. For someone like me, though, who needs it to be simple and easy, it's perfect. I had the original grill and used it all the time, and being exposed to it again lately has made me really want one again. I know myself, and I know that I won't get out all sorts of pots and pans, make (i.e. BURN) the food, and then clean up. If I can just throw some seasoning on some meat, toss is on the foreman, and then 5 min later have a tasty meal, I'm totally in. But if I could trade it for instant knowledge on food preparation and cooking, I'd do it in a heartbeat :thumbsup:

Just as an example, though, the other night all I did was take some Hebrew National weiners, cut them into halves, stacked one on top of the other, covered them with a piece of provolone, and used the foreman to melt the cheese. Put that on a Martins potato bun and some mustard, and WOW was that tasty. No way the microwave would have gotten me even close to that deliciousness :)

Well to be honest with you I used to have a Foreman Grill. Someone gave it to me. It sat in my kitchen cabinet for at least 2 years. Then I chucked it in the garbage.

BTW, does it do popcorn? :devil:

Looks to me like the difference may be in the area of the grilling surface? First one is 240, second one is 200.

Yes, that's what I meant by "size of the grill". It seems like that's the only difference.

Obviously the larger one would hold more stuff. But if they have the same heating element, the smaller one might cook a bit better. Also, it might be easier to clean in a sink or dishwasher.

Well to be honest with you I used to have a Foreman Grill. Someone gave it to me. It sat in my kitchen cabinet for at least 2 years. Then I chucked it in the garbage.

Dean-o and I will let ya know! lol

Yes, that's what I meant by "size of the grill". It seems like that's the only difference.

Obviously the larger one would hold more stuff. But if they have the same heating element, the smaller one might cook a bit better. Also, it might be easier to clean in a sink or dishwasher.

:doh: yes, you sure did mention that already...I must be getting early onset alzheimers :unsure:

Those things are really cool...I didn't even see that model when I ordered mine. If you get one, would love to hear what you think of it...I may need to give one of those as a gift or something.

Had a bigass sirloin steak last night with some Montreal seasoning, per BlueFire's (and others') suggestion...very, very tasty!! next time I'll probably use even more of it, but I wanted to go somewhat easy since I didn't have much frame of reference. But I think half of the experience was in how it SMELLED cooking in that seasoning...the whole apartment just smelled amazing. :thumbsup:

Have had some chicken breast strips marinating since 6pm yesterday, so looking forward to dinner tonight :)

Just out of curiousity, what would you do if you found yourself looking for a decent meal but were a bit pressed for time? I'll take any chance I can get to move away from my typical meals of spaghetti or chicken on the Foreman grill.

Edited by shrader

Just out of curiousity, what would you do if you found yourself looking for a decent meal but were a bit pressed for time? I'll take any chance I can get to move away from my typical meals of spaghetti or chicken on the Foreman grill.

That's not a fair question because seeing I cooked 10-14 hours a day for 25 years I don't need a lot of time to prepare a decent meal. BTW there's nothing wrong with spaghetti or chicken on a Foreman grill.

BTW I'm guessing on that latter seeing I've never had something cooked on a Foreman grill. :D

and do we have pictures of 'the friend'?

and do we have pictures of 'the friend'?

I can't believe it took 38 posts! :w00t:

I don't have pictures of her to post, but she's on my facebook B-)