Lets Talk Foreman Eats!

ajzepp

So a friend of mine who lives in my same apartment complex and I have been firing up her Foreman grill as of late. It has reminded me how much I miss my original Foreman from back in the day. I decided to place an order for the newest grill, which has received some very strong reviews and is on sale at Amazon. I'm super excited to further get away from fast food and other crap that I eat too much of, and eating healthier with the help of the Foreman.

Was hoping other Foreman grill owners could chime in and let me know what some of your favorite foods to make are. One of the areas I need the most help with is seasoning, so if you have any good tips on ways to season meat, please let me know.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a friend of mine who lives in my same apartment complex and I have been firing up her Foreman grill as of late. It has reminded me how much I miss my original Foreman from back in the day. I decided to place an order for the newest grill, which has received some very strong reviews and is on sale at Amazon. I'm super excited to further get away from fast food and other crap that I eat too much of, and eating healthier with the help of the Foreman.

Was hoping other Foreman grill owners could chime in and let me know what some of your favorite foods to make are. One of the areas I need the most help with is seasoning, so if you have any good tips on ways to season meat, please let me know.

Have you tried the pre-blended montreal steak and montreal chicken spice blends? They're some of my favorites, and since it's pre-blended, you just rub and grill! I love them.

Have you tried the pre-blended montreal steak and montreal chicken spice blends? They're some of my favorites, and since it's pre-blended, you just rub and grill! I love them.

Never heard of them, but they sound tasty! I'll check em out, thanks :)

I'm assuming this is what you're talking about? http://www.amazon.com/McCormick-Montreal-Steak-Seasoning-29-Ounce/dp/B001EQ56Y4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292834540&sr=8-1

Looks like there are some folks who agree with you....this is exactly what I'm looking for :thumbsup:

We need Chef to come up here and give us some pointers!

I'm definitely interested to hear if Chef is pro or anti Foreman lol

There is also a custom blend made by the "Commissioner of Tailgating". I just brush with a little olive oil and then sprinkle on the seasoning. It's awesome.

I am like you Aussie, as on a steak I am a little rub of vegtable oil(higher burn point than olive) and kosher salt and fresh ground pepper...thats all i need. On pork I tend to use more fresh herbs, like thymee and rosemary and sage.

I'm assuming this is what you're talking about? http://www.amazon.co...92834540&sr=8-1

Looks like there are some folks who agree with you....this is exactly what I'm looking for :thumbsup:

I'm definitely interested to hear if Chef is pro or anti Foreman lol

I've never used a Foreman but I have mentioned here that my wife got me a Green Egg for my birthday this year. It's great because it works fantastic as a smoker with great low heat regulation and even better for a grill because that bastard gets HOT! It's not the time of year for me to talk grilling though. It's stews, soups and rustic meals. Roasting a goose this weekend for Christmas.

I've never used a Foreman but I have mentioned here that my wife got me a Green Egg for my birthday this year. It's great because it works fantastic as a smoker with great low heat regulation and even better for a grill because that bastard gets HOT! It's not the time of year for me to talk grilling though. It's stews, soups and rustic meals. Roasting a goose this weekend for Christmas.

Would a rustic meal be made of knotty pine?

Good luck on your Christmas goose..i have never attempted. But made seared Duck breats Friday....oh lordy they were awesome..bought at Wegamns too!!!

I am excited for Chritmas as kids are buying me duck fat from here

http://www.dartagnan.com/51465/Duck-Fat--Demi--Glace.html

in my best Homer HMMMMM Duck Fat

Good luck on your Christmas goose..i have never attempted. But made seared Duck breats Friday....oh lordy they were awesome..bought at Wegamns too!!!

I am excited for Chritmas as kids are buying me duck fat from here

http://www.dartagnan...emi--Glace.html

in my best Homer HMMMMM Duck Fat

D'Artagnan has great stuff. I bought a foie gras from Hudson Valley Foie Gras and made some terrines for Friday. I also made some chicken mousse with diced foie gras in it. Regarding the duck fat we save the goose fat from when we roast the goose. :thumbsup:

I'm assuming this is what you're talking about? http://www.amazon.com/McCormick-Montreal-Steak-Seasoning-29-Ounce/dp/B001EQ56Y4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292834540&sr=8-1

Yep, thats the one. :) They have a chicken blend too.

Now that's a euphemism that I've never heard. Was she tender and juicy? :ph34r:

:lol::lol: No comment!

There is also a custom blend made by the "Commissioner of Tailgating". I just brush with a little olive oil and then sprinkle on the seasoning. It's awesome.

Is that a brand, or a TBD'er? lol

Yep, thats the one. :) They have a chicken blend too.

Very cool, I'm gonna pick up both of them when I hit the grocery store tonight...Foreman should be here tomorrow so I want to be prepared! :)

Cavender's Greek Seasoning...in a little yellow shaker. Perfect for the Foreman.

It's not as thick as the Montreal rub or kosher salt, but it goes great on chicken and is solid with steak or lamb.

If you like fish, a simple thing would be to get a salmon filet and cut it into hunks. Rub a little olive oil into it and sprinkle on an Italian seasoning, which is usually just a mix of orregeno, basil and maybe a pinch of something else. Again, simple but really good. Look in the spice aisle for it premixed.

Don't you live in the south? Get outside to do your grilling fer chrissakes! :P

I'll second this one. That stuff is really good and about as simple as possible. I just wish I wasn't out of it when I cooked some chicken last night.

Cavender's Greek Seasoning...in a little yellow shaker. Perfect for the Foreman.

It's not as thick as the Montreal rub or kosher salt, but it goes great on chicken and is solid with steak or lamb.

If you like fish, a simple thing would be to get a salmon filet and cut it into hunks. Rub a little olive oil into it and sprinkle on an Italian seasoning, which is usually just a mix of orregeno, basil and maybe a pinch of something else. Again, simple but really good. Look in the spice aisle for it premixed.

You read my mind with the salmon thing...that was one of my next topics for inquiry :) I bet salmon on the foreman will be delicious!

I'll second this one. That stuff is really good and about as simple as possible. I just wish I wasn't out of it when I cooked some chicken last night.

The fact that you ran out of it says it all :thumbsup:

Can't wait to try this stuff

Don't you live in the south? Get outside to do your grilling fer chrissakes! :P

lol, I hear ya man....I did try! Unfortunately I live in an apartment now, though, and they don't allow outdoor grills :(

D'Artagnan has great stuff. I bought a foie gras from Hudson Valley Foie Gras and made some terrines for Friday. I also made some chicken mousse with diced foie gras in it. Regarding the duck fat we save the goose fat from when we roast the goose. :thumbsup:

I saved mine from the other night, just never enough when I want it. Saw them cooking goose on that Chopped show the other day...man it looked good