Jon Gruden to Cleveland?

clancynut

He won it on Dungy's tab. In Oakland you got to see the guy he was.

I'm not sure your point here. Are you saying that he didn't deserve the ring because of the team that Dungy put together for him to take over? didn't he beat the Raider team in that Super Bowl that he put together and left when he went to Tampa? He gets credit either way IMO. One end of it- he ammassed a Super Bowl caliber team in Oakland, the other end- he took a team that couldn't get it done previously over the hump to win it's first Super Bowl. Against his own team no less.

I'm not sure your point here. Are you saying that he didn't deserve the ring because of the team that Dungy put together for him to take over? didn't he beat the Raider team in that Super Bowl that he put together and left when he went to Tampa? He gets credit either way IMO. One end of it- he ammassed a Super Bowl caliber team in Oakland, the other end- he took a team that couldn't get it done previously over the hump to win it's first Super Bowl. Against his own team no less.

Gruden is an above average coach, but Gailey seems to be much better, even without the rings. Everyone thinks gruden is a QB guru... he is not. He is far from that. That is his first big issue. The next issue is, he is very polarizing to the players, and this is what REALLY got him fired. Half the players liked him, but the other half HATED him. Argued with him all the time, during practice, during a game, and in the media. It was ridiclulous.

The guy can coach up young players, and he can put together a gameplan pretty well, which is more than i can say for a lot of other coaches.

And on a side note, gruden didn't bring in a lot of those oakland players. That was al davis with his super control issues. and Tampa looked good pre gruden.

But I do like gruden overall. I would take him over jauron, mularky, and williams as an HC for sure. But anyone thinking he is going to win another superbowl has the odds against him.

"He'll take hisn and beat yourn, then take yourn and beat hisn"

Gruden is an above average coach, but Gailey seems to be much better, even without the rings. Everyone thinks gruden is a QB guru... he is not. He is far from that. That is his first big issue. The next issue is, he is very polarizing to the players, and this is what REALLY got him fired. Half the players liked him, but the other half HATED him. Argued with him all the time, during practice, during a game, and in the media. It was ridiclulous.

The guy can coach up young players, and he can put together a gameplan pretty well, which is more than i can say for a lot of other coaches.

And on a side note, gruden didn't bring in a lot of those oakland players. That was al davis with his super control issues. and Tampa looked good pre gruden.

But I do like gruden overall. I would take him over jauron, mularky, and williams as an HC for sure. But anyone thinking he is going to win another superbowl has the odds against him.

Ok, while I'm not a Gailey supporter I am willing to step back and give him a chance to improve the team. However, to say he is even better than Gruden let alone much better? Really? He has been an NFL head coach for only three seasons (including this one) at 58 yeard old. Gruden, 11 years younger, has coached many more seasons and has had more success than Gailey. Gailey has a long way to go before he can be compared to just about any coach that has a ring (there may be a couple of exceptions but Gruden is not one of them).

But I do like gruden overall. I would take him over jauron, mularky, and williams as an HC for sure.

I really wish Mularky would have worked out better...I still do not fully understand what happened.

As far as Gruden, I think his "football genius" is breaking down of film and understanding the game. When it comes to putting his abilities I think he lacks the talent to produce as a coach even though he is a smart mind.

I really wish Mularky would have worked out better...I still do not fully understand what happened.

As far as Gruden, I think his "football genius" is breaking down of film and understanding the game. When it comes to putting his abilities I think he lacks the talent to produce as a coach even though he is a smart mind.

Marvelous Marv had returned with a big splash and openly professed that he still wanted to coach.

MM was smart enough to leave on his own terms than get the boot after an 0-4 start to his second year and be replaced by Levy.

I love Marv, but he should have stayed retired. He did the franchise a lot of damage as GM.

Good point. Jboy obviously didn't think this one through very well.

Why would Gruden chose Cleveland?? Look at their QB situation. Doomed. Better off in Houston.