(OT) "Sideways"

ajzepp

Just a quick heads up to anyone wanting to go see a GREAT flick......it's been in theaters for about two weeks, and I don't think it's getting much press. But everyone who's seen it (critically) has loved it......I saw it with my brother and we both thought it was up there with films like Ray and Garden State as one of the best films of the year. It's definitely more of a guy film......if you get a chance to check it out, you won't regret it. Try to resist the advertising barrage of all the crap that is out there and go see a real movie......

Just a quick heads up to anyone wanting to go see a GREAT flick......it's been in theaters for about two weeks, and I don't think it's getting much press. But everyone who's seen it (critically) has loved it......I saw it with my brother and we both thought it was up there with films like Ray and Garden State as one of the best films of the year. It's definitely more of a guy film......if you get a chance to check it out, you won't regret it. Try to resist the advertising barrage of all the crap that is out there and go see a real movie......

156385[/snapback]

(bump)

Agreed. I loved it. It's surprisingly funny in parts too.

The scene that caught me off guard was when Thomas Hayden-Church is trying to pursuade Paul Giamatti outside the restaurant to go in and meet the girls, and he flips out how "if anyone orders Merlot I'm leaving!" ........that scene was classic. The casting and screenplay were both top notch.....it's a shame that more people aren't aware of this little gem of a film! I'm glad you two saw it and liked it, though.......kudos!