Jilted bride to be sues weak kneed former fiancé

Beerball

Ok, it's official. We need tort reform.

This will make you happy; I disagree.

But during all that planning, all the list-making, cake-tasting and tuxedo-renting, Buttitta's fiance had plenty of time to put a hand up and say, "Hey, maybe this isn't the best idea." When he finally did, it was at the 11th hour. That's after the dress is paid for in full, the venue is paid in full, the florist has received the shipments of flowers, the baker has molded the gum-paste flowers, the guests have booked their hotel rooms -- the point at which the absolute most amount of money that could be spent was spent without hope of recovery. And that, in this recessed economy, is an even bigger humiliation than being abandoned by a guy with cold feet.

Sure the guy can decide not to get married, but in my mind he is on the hook for at least half of the money.

This will make you happy; I disagree.

Sure the guy can decide not to get married, but in my mind he is on the hook for at least half of the money.

I agree he could have walked at any point in time. However, who the #&*! spends 95k on a wedding? Maybe that's why he left, he didn't want to go broke?

"According to the lawsuit, Buttitta spent $30,000 on the banquet hall, $10,000 for live music, $5,000 for the wedding gown, $600 for wedding shoes and more than $11,000 for flowers and lighting."

Holy sh--! Did she have one built!?!? Thirty large for a half a day's rental!!?

Just to be clear here, that's more than millions of Americans' take-home for a year.

I hope she loses and her ex is awarded attorney's fees.

This is asinine. I have no doubt that if the roles were reversed, and she told her ex just before the wedding that she didn't want to get married, he'd be SOL.

In Can't Understand Normal Thinking -ese... "Well, that's different!!"

Edited by UConn James

I agree he could have walked at any point in time. However, who the #&*! spends 95k on a wedding? Maybe that's why he left, he didn't want to go broke?

It's not that far out there. Median cost of a wedding in the United States today is something to the tune of $27k.