julian assange dead pool

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad part for your thesis is that the people who would most likely do it are the ones on the other side of freedom ringing.

I love the idea of transparency. Why does this need to be a partisan issue? The most blatant of the usual meatheads have chimed in in unison.

Edited by Gene Frenkle

I love the idea of transparency. Why does this need to be a partisan issue? The most blatant of the usual meatheads have chimed in in unison.

Because linear thought processors such as yourself can't comprehend that the biggest impact from Wikileaks isn't the transparency of US or other western governments, but the relationships and actions with the unsavory characters of this world and the people who still live under despotic regimes.

But the unwashed & unseen don't matter to the progressives unless they happen to pop up during NPR pledge drives.

Assange is a coward and a fake and so are those who support him.

What if we support his cause? Though, perhaps failed in principal, the idea of eliminating secrets; not all but some, is one that is more positive then negative.

OP, for this one Julian Assange there will be many more to come. There has been these "traitors" since the beginning of time with Judas and there will always be such. Assange is not a traitor, though, he is just a middle man who released the information to the world. The faucet for which poured the documents and now the media possess. Assange is not a citizen of this country and can possess classified documents, Fox News and CNN cannot legally have those papers if Assange truly did distribute illegal material.

Here's some homework for you: next time your wife asks you "Do these pants make me look fat," tell her "No, your ass does."

Then get back to us about the benefits of transparency over discretion.

Here's some homework for you: next time your wife asks you "Do these pants make me look fat," tell her "No, your ass does."

Then get back to us about the benefits of transparency over discretion.

lololol. Well done.

So heres the tally...

1, He admits hes going after the US, specifically. There goes his claim of "impartiality."

2. He plead with the Court to NOT DISCLOSE the location of his house arrest.

3. His website is set up to protect the identity of those who submit the "leaks" to it.

4. All the minions who carried out those attacks last week against companies who, based on their own freewill cut ties with wikileaks are in hiding or talking online behind a veil of anonymity.

Assange is a fraud and a fake and so are his followers.

Edited by RkFast

lololol. Well done.

So heres the tally...

1, He admits hes going after the US, specifically. There goes his claim of "impartiality."

2. He plead with the Court to NOT DISCLOSE the location of his house arrest.

3. His website is set up to protect the identity of those who submit the "leaks" to it.

4. All the minions who carried out those attacks last week against companies who, based on their own freewill cut ties with wikileaks are in hiding or talking online behind a veil of anonymity.

Assange is a fraud and a fake and so are his followers.

Don't forget the part where he's specifically requesting classified information be sent to him...which, under the law, is espionage.

Don't forget the part where he's specifically requesting classified information be sent to him...which, under the law, is espionage.

I do not "follow" Assange. I believe in the cause; that transparency is important. I support his cause but I do not have to like him, I am indifferent to him. Just like one of the Bills players, you do not know them and do not really care about them but you support them and their cause to be the best RT in the game.

He is not an American, it's not espionage.

I do not "follow" Assange.

I didn't say you were. Putting words in my mouth is a quick, one-way ticket to getting perennially and viciously abused, boy.

I believe in the cause; that transparency is important. I support his cause but I do not have to like him, I am indifferent to him. Just like one of the Bills players, you do not know them and do not really care about them but you support them and their cause to be the best RT in the game.

Define "transparency". And when you do, please make the distinction between "secrecy" and "discretion". Then please explain how Assmange's stated cause - anarchy - is beneficial. THEN please explain how you support his cause ("transparency") when he himself doesn't even support (since he's goes to great lengths to protect his own privacy - "transparency" is apparently only for other people, not for him).

He is not an American, it's not espionage.

Someone needs to look up the legal definition of "espionage". Hint: citizenship means precisely jack-**** in that context.

I didn't say you were. Putting words in my mouth is a quick, one-way ticket to getting perennially and viciously abused, boy.

Should have clarified, I was saying this more for others then in referencing your words. A lot of people probably think I am hot for him by now!

Define "transparency". And when you do, please make the distinction between "secrecy" and "discretion". Then please explain how Assmange's stated cause - anarchy - is beneficial. THEN please explain how you support his cause ("transparency") when he himself doesn't even support (since he's goes to great lengths to protect his own privacy - "transparency" is apparently only for other people, not for him).

Assange has the right to protect his privacy, especially if he were an American. What our country was founded on is dying in the hearts of Americans and for too long we have allowed it. We have failed to watch the important issues, show up at meetings, and educate outselves and instead just take what we see from our leaders. That people still believe Clinton lied to protect Monica, Nixon's tapes were a conspiracy, and such just goes to show that. Imagine the world of difference we would have had if we had known what a racist Nixon was, that Obama smokes Marlboro's up to a pack a day. We want to trust our leaders and for that we suffer. We want to trust our media, the free press, but instead are given such hogwash that you can easily become enraged and shoot your TV because you cannot stand the Palin family.

The means through which you reach your cause are always varied nonetheless the outcome can make it worthwhile. So, if we now question our governments more, realize that Bank of America (which I am a stockholder of) is out to get every penny it can from us, and we follow world events more then it is worth it. If this encourages people to ask questions, if this makes people cry out to ask why is Rangel still on the House and Means Committee then that is a good thing.

What I do not support is if he were to release truly sensative material that directly puts lives in danger. Those things would be information about nuclear reactors, covert military ops, and any one of our addresses. There is much speculation that he is sitting on top some highly dangerous material and he is not releasing it. It is a cat and mouse game that he perhaps holds this information as protection. I cannot venture a guess to what it contains but I would not be surprised to find out that in a few decades we learn that he held back on information that was truly dangerous to humanity.

Someone needs to look up the legal definition of "espionage". Hint: citizenship means precisely jack-**** in that context.

Yup, I was wrong, I misunderstood the word. However, now I realize that we Americans are guilty of this, too. Spying on other countries, etc. Why are we supposed to be any greater then Assange that we should be able to get away with it? Just because we are American and have the almighty power, or much less a government?

Yup, I was wrong, I misunderstood the word. However, now I realize that we Americans are guilty of this, too. Spying on other countries, etc. Why are we supposed to be any greater then Assange that we should be able to get away with it? Just because we are American and have the almighty power, or much less a government?

Just because you punch your enemy in the face doesn't mean you should let him punch you.

Or put another way, all governments attempt to get as much intel as possible on other countries while keeping theirs as secret as possible. If you open your files for the whole world to see you throw off the balance. As to secrecy v transparency, I get your point, there's a fine line and it's hard to know where the right place to draw it is. That doesn't mean we should sit back and let this POS pull a number like this on us. He's clearly our enemy and has said as much in not so many words.

You're not having a good day with your arguments. If our spies get caught by lets say the Russians, what do you think happens to our spies? I can tell you this, "they don't get away with it". You should just quit while your way behind.