Cost of the census doubled in ten years

Gary M

The cost of the door-to-door count of the U.S. population is roughly doubling every 10 years...

[...]

...the cost of doing the census soared by 62.5 percent

So it roughly doubled if you roughly double the actual increase.

Nice !@#$ing reporting. :lol:

Okay, but come on, a 60% increase when the population only went up 10 percent is a little much don't you think?

Depends on why. If half your cost is tracking down people who don't turn in their census forms, and the number of people who don't turn in their census forms doubles...then no, not really. Or if government regulations created in the past ten years means you have to change a whole bunch of stuff all at once (whereas other government organizations spread that cost out over a number of years).

I won't judge until know what the source of the stupidity actually is.

So it roughly doubled if you roughly double the actual increase.

Nice !@#$ing reporting. :lol:

I think your ire is misdirected at the Fox piece. Fox isn't claiming costs are doubling, it is saying that the GAO report say's so.

The report, released this week, warns that if fundamental reforms aren't instituted, the cost of the next census could more than double.

"Indeed, the cost of conducting the census has, on average, doubled each decade since 1970, in constant 2010 dollars," the report said. "If that rate of cost escalation continues into 2020, the nation could be facing a $30 billion census."

Oh, I thought you were from the US. Good to know they make dunderheads in other countries too.

I am from the US, and when I last check more than half of the US was against the Obama healthcare plan, but he forced it through with the "promise" it would lower premiums.

My arguement is and always will be that the US government is not effiecient at running anything.

I am from the US, and when I last check more than half of the US was against the Obama healthcare plan, but he forced it through with the "promise" it would lower premiums.

My arguement is and always will be that the US government is not effiecient at running anything.

The larger any organization (public or private) becomes, the more inefficient it tends to become.

The larger any organization bureaucracy (public or private) becomes, the more inefficient it tends to become.

Fixed.

Manufacturing and logistics organizations can achieve economies of scale as they get larger. Bureaucracies, just the opposite.