Amazing picture of Buffalo storm (if it's real)

bbb

Got this emailed to me, and it's pretty amazing, but I'm not sure if it's photoshopped. The part that is believable is how the storm was so crazy on one side and nothing on the other.......But, I would have thought I would have seen a picture like this already.

Crap - how do I insert an image that I downloaded?

Got this emailed to me, and it's pretty amazing, but I'm not sure if it's photoshopped. The part that is believable is how the storm was so crazy on one side and nothing on the other.......But, I would have thought I would have seen a picture like this already.

upload it to here?

http://www.tinypic.com

The board seems to blow right now. Every time I click add reply, nothing happens.

Let's see if this works:

http://tinypic.com/v...pic=2q9a0yb&s=7

That is a (snow) squall line... I see it a lot of times in this neck of the woods around Lake Michigan... Chicago is windward and NW Indiana and Michigan are alee of Lake Michigan... From were I live on the Illinana border one usually sees them to the east... Usually means they are getting pounded in places like Michigan and NW Indiana, even as far east as South Bend .

I do admit... It is a pretty impressive looking one.

When in doubt, check Snopes.

Yeah, I'm not sure why I didn't. I googled it, which usually puts me right at snopes, but I sometimes forget to go to it.

So, from that that we can tell that it wasn't from the latest storm, at least since the picture is on that page from 2007........But, they don't have an answer as to whether it's real or not: Research in progress.

Looks like it's real.

When I lived on Twin Peaks in San Francisco (I lived on the east side/city side of the hill), we would get fog moving in from the west/ocean. I swear it looked like the fog was being poured in to the valley from a pitcher. It came in so fast, and with such velocity, that it seemed to splash upward from the bottom, as if being poured. It was a fantastic sight.

Looks real to me too. There are places in WNY and the GL's that will socked with a bunch of snow and other places a few miles where the sun is shining... There has to be a line somwhere and this picture shows a line in its full glory.

Looks like it's real.

When I lived on Twin Peaks in San Francisco (I lived on the east side/city side of the hill), we would get fog moving in from the west/ocean. I swear it looked like the fog was being poured in to the valley from a pitcher. It came in so fast, and with such velocity, that it seemed to splash upward from the bottom, as if being poured. It was a fantastic sight.

Like BFLO, that area is also a micro-climate.

When in doubt, check Snopes.

Typically, yes. But it does no good in this case.

It also does no good in this case:

http://www.snopes.com/medical/homecure/honey.asp

Seriously, how hard is it to discredit this claim?

"It is found that a mixture of Honey and Cinnamon cures most of the diseases."

Real White-out Conditions?

Pretty cool picture... ONLY in BFLO would they want to discredit it! I think somehow the reasoning is that it makes the area look bad...:wallbash::rolleyes:

Nobody is trying to discredit it. I said it's an amazing picture. Since 99% of all things emailed to me like this are not true, I had some doubts. I wondered where the picture could have been taken from, and figured it could be photoshopped.....It's already proven that the email was wrong in saying that the picture was from two weeks ago.

Nobody is trying to discredit it. I said it's an amazing picture. Since 99% of all things emailed to me like this are not true, I had some doubts.

That's a very fine instinct. If you learn about something via an unsolicited email, chances are it is bull...

If you're talking about pictures of a Hannah, it shouldn't be Hannah Storm.

It should be Hannah Montana

:devil:

I'll take Hannah Storm over Hannah Montana any day. But I'll take Sage Steele over both of them.

That's a very fine instinct. If you learn about something via an unsolicited email, chances are it is bull...

Wait, so do you mean there's not a Nigerian Prince trying to smuggle millions of dollars out of the country, who will give me a cut if I help?