This guy needed anger management, real bad!

Buftex

Pretty scary...guy opens fire on a shcool board...a miracle that he was the only one that got hurt...kind of disturbing...

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/15/staring-at-death-god-blocked-the-bullet-fla-school-official/?icid=maing%7Cmain5%7C1%7Clink1%7C31131

Kind of? What is also disturbing is the lack of response from the board. The guy in the grey jacket cna't get out of his own way. Plus, no one from the audience (was there anyone else there?) bum-rushes this guy.

Kind of? What is also disturbing is the lack of response from the board. The guy in the grey jacket cna't get out of his own way. Plus, no one from the audience (was there anyone else there?) bum-rushes this guy.

I think they responded the way they should have..trying to talk the guy off the ledge. How were they going to get to the guy from where they were? However, i saw some footage on the Today show, and hard to explain but hte guy was almost to the side of podium there, and she comes up from behind and hits his hand with the gun in it with her purse, trying to knock the gun free. It did not work, and it was la most as if this guy could not believe it was a women who tried this as he just kinda went back to the where this tape starts.

That was one ballsy woman :worthy: don't know if I would have done the same as the dude never would have known she was there

Pretty scary...guy opens fire on a shcool board...a miracle that he was the only one that got hurt...kind of disturbing...

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/15/staring-at-death-god-blocked-the-bullet-fla-school-official/?icid=maing%7Cmain5%7C1%7Clink1%7C31131

Nice title...If you are going to credit an inanimate object with killing someone, at least credit the security guard's gun with saving many lives...Based on the amount of extra rounds the criminal had, a gun actually saved many lives that day. I realize that may not have been the point of your post, but it is really annoying listening to the anti-gun crowd use some crazy criminal's actions to villify guns.

This is getting a lot of play down here (2 hrs away) and a girl i work with had the one board member as her HS principal. The general consensus seems to be that the guy was mroe trying to get himself killed than kill any of them. If he really was there to hurt people he would have shot that stupid, stupid B word that ran in and hit him with her purse.

Nice title...If you are going to credit an inanimate object with killing someone, at least credit the security guard's gun with saving many lives...Based on the amount of extra rounds the criminal had, a gun actually saved many lives that day. I realize that may not have been the point of your post, but it is really annoying listening to the anti-gun crowd use some crazy criminal's actions to villify guns.

I actually meant it to be funny, not political at all...sorry! My point was kind of the same one you were making...the most remarkable thing about this whole story, to me, was that the guy missed all of his targets, and near point blank range...

Edited by Buftex

I think they responded the way they should have..trying to talk the guy off the ledge. How were they going to get to the guy from where they were? However, i saw some footage on the Today show, and hard to explain but hte guy was almost to the side of podium there, and she comes up from behind and hits his hand with the gun in it with her purse, trying to knock the gun free. It did not work, and it was la most as if this guy could not believe it was a women who tried this as he just kinda went back to the where this tape starts.

That was one ballsy woman :worthy: don't know if I would have done the same as the dude never would have known she was there

News to me.

I actually meant it to be funny, not political at all...sorry! My point was kind of the same one you were making...the most remarkable thing about this whole story, to me, was that the guy missed all of his targets, and near point blank range...

Sorry about that then...I didn't pick up on the sarcasm. Luckily the guard was a better shot than the criminal.

This is getting a lot of play down here (2 hrs away) and a girl i work with had the one board member as her HS principal. The general consensus seems to be that the guy was mroe trying to get himself killed than kill any of them. If he really was there to hurt people he would have shot that stupid, stupid B word that ran in and hit him with her purse.

That was such a stupid move on her part. That act could easily have set off someone who had been hesitant to kill before that point and moreso seemed to want to commit "suicide by cop." There's a reason why police say not to do things like that unless it's a last-ditch effort. At that point, it wasn't.

And if you are going to take action, do it with something a little more potent than a purse. Grab a fire extinguisher and spray the POS (that foam material comes out super-cold) and then hit his arm while he's stunned.

Our local Co Commissioners Meetings, and all boards I have ever been to have armed police or sheriffs deputies in the room. Our Co. Board of Commissioners meeting, which I attented last night, had our Sheriff in the room. We were lobbying for a Farm Protection Plan to be passed. I do not know if you are allowed to carry a concealed weapon in to the building, but I would not doubt that in the parking lot you would have found a shot gun and/or riffle in 1 of 3 trucks.

If you are allowed to carry a weapon in the County Gov Building I would not be surprised if many of our commissioners and officials do. I think everyone should carry a gun.

If that guy had any type of training on guns you'd have known it. He had no thought in this plan, thankfully. Leaving his back exposed was a huge flaw, and that he could not control the trigger or recoil was sad. His motion going down shows he did not know how to aim his weapon and he more then likely missed high wide left.

PS: I cannot stand that our Co. building still has the advocation prayer before each meeting and the words "in god we trust" atop of it.

Edited by jboyst62

Our local Co Commissioners Meetings, and all boards I have ever been to have armed police or sheriffs deputies in the room. Our Co. Board of Commissioners meeting, which I attented last night, had our Sheriff in the room. We were lobbying for a Farm Protection Plan to be passed. I do not know if you are allowed to carry a concealed weapon in to the building, but I would not doubt that in the parking lot you would have found a shot gun and/or riffle in 1 of 3 trucks.

If you are allowed to carry a weapon in the County Gov Building I would not be surprised if many of our commissioners and officials do. I think everyone should carry a gun.

If that guy had any type of training on guns you'd have known it. He had no thought in this plan, thankfully. Leaving his back exposed was a huge flaw, and that he could not control the trigger or recoil was sad. His motion going down shows he did not know how to aim his weapon and he more then likely missed high wide left.

PS: I cannot stand that our Co. building still has the advocation prayer before each meeting and the words "in god we trust" atop of it.

Many/most municipal buildings do not allow firearms on the premises, per their signage. I'm not necessarily advocating here for there to be open- or concealed-carry with permits in these spaces (if possible, there should be an armed officer in the meeting room) but I do know that many incidents like this are ended by law-abiding citizens with firearms who show up faster than the police who usually get there 5 minutes after it's all over.

Personal security has always been and will always be, largely a self-help matter. You can close your eyes to that fact and wish all the guns in the world were melted down in a big pot, but wishing doesn't make it so. Good citizens must be allowed to be armed to protect themselves and others from the evil/hellbent.

"Please don't. Please don't" is not the only response I'd want to be left with. That's the last bleat of a lamb before the slaughter.

Edited by UConn James

This guy was a looney, and gun control wouldn't have done a thing to prevent him from doing this. Thank god there was an armed LE officer at the location who was able to engage the subject.

Most schools/public buildings are exempt from concealed carry laws, meaning that even if you have a permit to carry a gun, you CANNOT carry it in a school or other publicly owned building. Perhaps if other people that were in attendance at the meeting had been carrying, then maybe this nut job would have been taken down sooner. We'll never know.

I think this article puts the entire thing into some perspective

On Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs....

Edited by BB27

This guy was a looney, and gun control wouldn't have done a thing to prevent him from doing this. Thank god there was an armed LE officer at the location who was able to engage the subject.

Most schools/public buildings are exempt from concealed carry laws, meaning that even if you have a permit to carry a gun, you CANNOT carry it in a school or other publicly owned building. Perhaps if other people that were in attendance at the meeting had been carrying, then maybe this nut job would have been taken down sooner. We'll never know.

I think this article puts the entire thing into some perspective

On Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs....

Great article.

signed,

The sheepdog. ;)